• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: Vifa 4" (max) cone midrange, Melbourne, Australia.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Or possibly mid bass driver, but no bigger than 4" overall diameter.
Something like a Vifa M10MD-39-08 will be ideal.

Freq range required is approx: 300Hz - 4KHz.

After only 1 driver.

Does anyone have anything like this, or can at least direct me where I can find one, new (preferebly) or used?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Any good?

I assume you mean the speakers and not Wagners service. :)

I haven't used them yet. I bought a pair about four years ago based on their reputation of arguably being one of the best mid-ranges available but never got round to using them.

I recently found an interesting design for a bipolar transmission line (the TLB) that uses a pair of these speakers in each box. This project is on the list of things to do but because these Vifa speakers are listed in a lot of places as being discontinued I thought I should get them whilst I could.

The original pair I bought are labelled as being Made in Denmark but the new pair are labelled Designed in Denmark. However they look identical and the TS parameters measure the same.

I have a spare 4 ohm vifa p11 (cant remember model #) in new cond You can have for $20 + freight.

It has a higher q than the 8 ohm but just means mid enclosurevolume may need to be a few litres bigger.

I use them from 300 to 3.2k between a hivi d10g(-3db 23hz!) to a hivi 1.3 ribbon. Sound great to me.

I bought 4 off a guy who bought a heap of them for open baffle line arrays and had some spare. I believe he bought them as excess stock from vifas distributor years ago, used one each in my L/C/R (centre has 2 hivi d5g instead of 1x d10g) and now have one spare. I dont have the data sheet anymore but the response curve was more or less identical to the 8 ohm.

Let me know

No I meant it's a link to essentialaudio, an aussie based shop that sells drive units.

They happen to sell the TC9FD-18-08 that Ed mentioned earlier on.

Full Range

Zaph has measured these and found that they have remarkably low distortion, that and a smooth and extended frequency response. There's not really much else you could ask for of a small driver, it's price is simply a bonus.

I have a spare 4 ohm vifa p11 (cant remember model #) in new cond You can have for $20 + freight.

It has a higher q than the 8 ohm but just means mid enclosurevolume may need to be a few litres bigger.

I use them from 300 to 3.2k between a hivi d10g(-3db 23hz!) to a hivi 1.3 ribbon. Sound great to me.

I bought 4 off a guy who bought a heap of them for open baffle line arrays and had some spare. I believe he bought them as excess stock from vifas distributor years ago, used one each in my L/C/R (centre has 2 hivi d5g instead of 1x d10g) and now have one spare. I dont have the data sheet anymore but the response curve was more or less identical to the 8 ohm.

Let me know

lunchiety, are these the ones that are coated and designed for free space mounting with fs of 168Hz? give or take a cycle or two. if they are i probably sold them to you. i bought out vifas distributor stock around 2002/03. i may even have a few in the shed still in the vifa poly packs.

Last edited:
If you're still looking I a pair of these:

Vifa PL11WG09-08 4" Woofer - Description

Vifa's PL Series incorporates several new technologies that were developed with the goal of lowering distortion and increasing self-damping in the speaker. The coated paper cone reduces vibration and standing waves, and the vented motor system minimizes power compression. The combined result is a very open and dynamic sound.
Specifications: *Power handling: 80 watts RMS/140 watts max *VCdia: 1" *Le: 0.61 mH *Impedance: 8 ohms *Re: 5.6 ohms *Frequency response: 69-5,000 Hz *Fs: 69 Hz *SPL: 85 dB 2.83V/1m *Vas: 0.15 cu. ft. *Qms: 2.2 *Qes: 0.6 *Qts: 0.47 *Xmax: 3 mm *Dimensions: A: 4.92", B: 4", C: 2.3".

They aren't efficient enough for the speakers I built. I'm looking for a pair of 4" in the 89-91db efficient range. And in looking for them here found this thread.

Kevin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.