• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS - Aurum Cantus G2 ribbon tweeters/Seas 5" excel midrange/Seas prestige 10"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FS - Seas Prestige 10" woofers $180/pair

GXYXWl.jpg

Links to the items and their specs:
Seas 5" nextel: Madisound Speaker Store
Seas 10" prestige: Madisound Speaker Store
AC G2 Mine are silver faceplate and round: Aurum Cantus G2 Ribbon Tweeter 276-402 (looks like parts express no longer carries the round OR the silver versions.. not sure whats up with that)

Ive had these for 3-4 years but the drivers have literally about 20 hours of use on them, theyre not even broken in. They sat in a 3 way enclosure, i made a bad passive crossover, i then figured out how to use MiniDSP and got the speakers running properly, but by that time i had basically abandoned the project and went in another direction. Everyone knows how it is with DIY project attention spans.

Condition:
-AC G2: perfect
-Seas Excel 5": One midrange has two scrapes on the front basket lip near the screw holes where bare metal is showing
the other midrange has a lot of bare metal showing on the back of the basket lip, and on the surround of that midrange theres a slightly dark spot that im not sure what it is, the surround never had a hole patched in it or anything
-Seas Prestige 10": One woofer has some bare metal showing on the front face of the basket lip, the other has some bare metal on the sides of the basket

Please check out the gallery for full pictures of all the problems described above

Aurum Cantus G2 (Yes theyre consecutive serial number): $200 a pair (Amazing price for these tweeters, very nice sounding ribbon tweeters. Female vocals especially hang in the air in unreal detail with these)
Seas Excel Nextel Midrange: $200 a pair (Pretty wide coverage on this midrange, can cross over pretty low while handling up to 3500-4000hz~ nicely)
Seas Prestige 10" woofer: $200 a pair (Incredibly capable woofer)

Any two pairs = $380
All three pairs = $560

Shipping: My UPS prices are pretty cheap $10-$40 depending on what you buy and where you are. Im shipping from 95125. If youre interested give me your zip and ill run a number for you.

REW graph of the drivers in the enclosure (mic is uncalibrated for higher frequencies)
lahWS.png

REW File if you want to check it out yourself
6drivers.mdat

Measuring setup (Tascam US122 + Uncalibrated EMM-1 mic)
Bodzpl.jpg

Everything is double boxed, super secure, and ready to go.. Spent about 4 hours finding materials and packing this stuff up!!!
0iUEAl.jpg

Last edited:
AC G2 Mine are silver faceplate and round: Aurum Cantus G2 Ribbon Tweeter 276-402 (looks like parts express no longer carries the round OR the silver versions.. not sure whats up with that)
It's not just parts express, the round faceplate version of the G2 hasn't been made for a while now, (a few years ?) only the smaller G2si comes in a round face plate variant now. :(

A bit annoying as I also have a round pair of G2 which I bought in 2004 (dark faceplate though not silver) which are still working beautifully but if I ever wanted another pair for another pair of speakers I'd only be able to get the square or rectangular faceplate version which wouldn't match what I already have...
Aurum Cantus G2 (Yes theyre consecutive serial number): $200 a pair (Amazing price for these tweeters, very nice sounding ribbon tweeters. Female vocals especially hang in the air in unreal detail with these)
I can vouch for how good these tweeters are, I've had mine since 2004 and would never go back to a dome tweeter now. The only thing to watch is they need a 3rd or 4th order filter of at least 3Khz for best results, especially if part of a large high SPL capable system. (I use 3rd order 4Khz) Like most small ribbons they don't like low crossover frequencies.

Last edited:
Woofer box is taking up floor space, lets move these. In 2.5cu ft chamber you can have an f3 of about 25hz. This thing digs DEEP in a relatively small floor stander and will make for a great full range 2 channel music speaker.

new price: $180 a pair

Shipping seems to range from about $18-$35 depending on if youre on west coast or east coast

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.