• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Marantz MA500 project modules

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got three (3) amplifier modules, identical to the ones used in the popular Marantz MA500u.
They are in excellent condition and great working order. They can be used in a project or to repair an MA500 that met an untimely end. All that is needed to make a complete amp is the power supply, a case and power switch. Or, the ambitious can combine the three (I can supply a schematic). There are many possibilities.

Each module is $60, or get all three for $150

Attachments

• ma500 module.jpg
    ma500 module.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 452
what I like to sell

I got some emails of interests so I like to present it all. I prefer that one person gets everything because it will make one nice amplifier!

I have five modules, one custom case and two large transformers and the electrical schematic for amp and transformer.

The original intent when I bought everything back in 1996/1997 was to have 150 W for center and 325 per left and right. It has more power than the MA500 because of the oversized transformers. As you can see from the images, it is still in the original packaging so I never had a chance to finish it.

I paid quite a bit of money for this whole set up back in 1996/1997 and I want to recover $450 for it plus shipping.

I have many more images but I cannot load it on the system. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• dsc_0027.jpg
    dsc_0027.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 219
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.