• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Brand New Buffalo III DAC kit + Paul Hynes Regs/Power Supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For those of you who are considering building a Buffalo III DAC offered by Twisted Pear Audio, read on....

Back in August of 2011, I ordered parts for a Buffalo III build from Twisted Pear Audio. I DID NOT order the Tridents as I opted for the Paul Hynes Regs for the Buffalo III as well as his SR3-12 Power Supply with DC lead. Unfortunately, I have not had the time to even start this build. Everything is still sitting completely packed up in the original bags.

Listed below are what is up for sale. I prefer not split up any TP parts(However, if I get requests and am able to sell off all the TP parts, I will get back to those who might only want certain items). I will consider selling the TP parts separately from the Hynes regs/PS.

I am offering a 5% discount off of the original pricing. However, to get the discount the buyer has to buy the whole kit being offered. Otherwise, the buyer will pay the below listed pricing. The buyer pays for shipping/insurance. Add 3% for Paypal.

BTW, if the buyer is from the USA, you will be saving approximately $46 that Paul charges for shipping from Scotland. One more thing… since I purchased the Hynes regs/power supply, the British Pound has lost some ground to the U.S. dollar so I will be discounting the 5% from the new rate which reduces the cost that I originally paid by over $100.

Buffalo III Parts

1 Buffalo III DAC(No Tridents ) $299 SOLD
1 4-Channel S/PDIF Input/Switch Module $55
3 Placid HD Bipolar Power Supply Kit $240
1 Legato v3.1 Kit for Buffalo III $105 SOLD
1 15V+15V(30VA) Power Transformer $22

Total Cost $728
With 5% Discount for whole kit $691

Paul Hynes Regs/Power Supply for Buffalo III board SOLD
4 off Z7803v3 SOLD
1 off S1701v2 SOLD
1 off PR3DC-05v4 SOLD

If purchased new the total would be $298
With 5% discount $283[/B]

1 off SR3-12 with DC lead $473 No longer available
With 5% Discount $449 No longer available

You are getting all brand new parts with NO WAIT time. TP is hit or miss and Paul Hynes is currently backed up over 50 working days(2 months). Please don't ask for pictures as everything is in the original bags. This is everything you will need to build one great sounding DAC minus the enclosure and appropriate connections.

Thanks for looking,

Last edited:
Luke & John:

I will package the items you are requesting and take them to the post office so that I can receive shipping costs by tomorrow. I will PM you with the shipping cost to New Zealand and the UK.

John:

I am almost certain that my Legato has the output buffers but will verify this evening.

Regards,

Randy

The following are still available and with a price reduction. Again, the Buffalo III board as well as the other parts are brand new, never taken from the plastic bags they were shipped in.

1 Buffalo III DAC board $299 now $279
1 4-Channel S/PDIF Input/Switch Module $55 now $45
3 Placid HD Bipolar Power Supply Kit $240 now $220
1 15V+15V(30VA) Power Transformer $22 now $15

The total for all of the above with the price reduction is now $559

Regards,

Randy

The Buffalo III DAC board has been sold. The following are still available and with a price reduction. The other parts are brand new, never taken from the plastic bags they were shipped in.

I have further discounted the remaining pieces

1 Buffalo III DAC board $299 now $279(new) SOLD
1 4-Channel S/PDIF Input/Switch Module $55(new) now $40
3 Placid HD Bipolar Power Supply Kits $240(new) now $200
1 15V+15V(30VA) Power Transformer $22(new) now $10

Regards,

Randy

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.