• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Source for occ bare silver wire?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was looking for a cheap source of occ bare silver wire and (thought) I had found it on ebay from seller tzeng_albert who operates an online audio shop called Albert Audio. I ordered 100 meters of 28 awg occ bare silver wire, sent the money ($100US) by paypal, and waited, and waited....He couldn't provide proof of shipping so after close to three weeks I started a paypal dispute and he refunded my money without explanation...Has anyone ordered this wire from him and actually received it in the recent past? He has a good feedback rating on ebay but this poor transaction has me scratching my head....

Anyone have another source for cheap occ silver bare wire?

cheap and OCCAg dont normally go hand in hand; myself that price would have made me very suspicious as its not even close to market value even for OEMs; in a 'small amount' (by bulk standards) like this. vhaudio.com and michael percy have some at reasonable prices, the cardas stuff at percy is good and available bare, which is not all that common. depending on MOQ you could get some from sceintific instrumentation suppliers and be assured of a good quality product that can come with an assay report. I might potentially throw in for that, as the MOQ is just a bit higher than I need normally. would depend on timing. you wont get near that price though, but I doubt very much it was real OCC silver if it exists at all.

if it doesnt have to be OCC you could try vt4c.com, its nice, not the last word in purity at 99.99%, but well priced and theres a few other interesting things there, like well made well priced teflon tube sockets, Rcore transformers including custom wound etc. they also sell cotton and silk tubing at good prices too, which I presume you prefer as you dont want ptfe?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.