• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Heatsinks and Capasitors. Need some?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I own a company that scraps electronic equipment, computers, and lab/medical test equipment and I come across large capacitors and heatsinks. Would you guys like me to save them up for you and post up a pile of them? I can't give them away because I get good scrap value for them but if you toss me a few bucks and cover shipping I'd rather see you guys use them then just recycle them.

Having built a few amps myself, I will save the ones I know would be suitable for DIY stuff. The symetrical and easy to mount ones. ;)

Here's a few good ones for amps. Caps are 40v 10000uf Philips 85c. Suitable for a +/- 35v supply.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20120530_164537 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_20120530_164537 (Medium).jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 365
No problem but thank you. The bummer is I JUST took in ~100lbs of heatsinks before I started processing another batch of equipment. It's when I saw the capacitors in something that it dawned on me those would be good for DIY amps. That plus the nice sinks it had on the back. Figured I'd ask because being a DIY guy myself, I know I throw out alot of good parts that someone here could use. I haven't seen too much in terms of power transistors and other components suitable for an amplifier though. I do have maybe 50+ computer power supplies. Anything usable in there? They have mainly higher voltage cheap mosfets in the primary but the secondaries have large fast rectifiers in them and small heatsinks for them. The main filter caps they use are typically around 200v 470uf 105c.

I don't have the time to strip the PSUs for parts but maybe someone locally could purchase them all and strip them. They could make a few bucks doing it if they have the time to dabble around.

Might have a sale pending to a local on the sinks. Will let you know.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.