• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

modified Jolida J302B power amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Fantastic HiFi EL34 based amplifier-

Well, My Highly Modified EL34 based JOLIDA 302B- is for sale- Not sure if this is the proper forum but I am a member , it's an amp and it's very musical- I will post pics and a PDF of the mods- Fantastic amp for $1150 Shipped Conus-Chicago pick up $1050

Interested parties EM- I will send you info-

Hate to sell it- Sounds almost identical to the 2K Rogue Cronus Magnum I just bought and I pulled the trigger on a Friedman BE SO I have to sell some gear- (sound familiar)

The “pure tone” modified Jolida J302B power amplifier

Link to PDF with all mods explained with pics http://www.technicalsearch.net/J302B.pdf

Modifications-
Upgraded power supply (B+) filter capacitors to Nichicon 520uf. The result is deeper, more articulated bass.

Upgraded filter capacitors for gain and driver stage to 47uf film capacitors. The result is cleaner, faster sound that is detailed.

Upgraded output from pentode to triode operation. The result is smooth, warm, detailed sound that is often associated with tubes.
The cost is some what lowered power level at the same distortion, however, since it is primary second order, is not unpleasant.

The operating point of the drivers are tuned to match triode mode output tubes. Upgraded input gain stage from SRRP to triode mode operation. SRRP is known for higher distortion. Triode mode input stage offers similar advantage as triode mode output stage: warm, clean that makes the tube sound attractive.
Upgraded

Upgraded coupling capacitors to Teflon. The result is very refined, detailed, grain less sound. Very polite, non aggressive.
Upgraded bypass capacitor on the drive stage to wondercap. The result is quieter, faster sound.
Upgraded input volume control to 23
Step attenuator. The result is much
Better definition and quieter signal

I go by bmenary in all forums and eBay- Ebay I have 950 + 100%
Feel free to call me- 8-8CST 773-370-8527 Barry Menary I live in the Chicago area- Cheaper for cash pickup-

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.