• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Audio Sector TDA1543 NOS DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi, since I did not design this DAC myself it was assembled and tested with clips on the outputs but it did not make it to my living room. Too bad as it is a very natural sounding DAC. Maybe it is snobbism but contrary to my amps and speakers at least my DACs are self designed/self made ;)

I used Black Gate NX HiQ and N series in this one. Power supply caps are Elna. Resistors are a mix of AB, Riken Ohm etc.

The Vref cap was removed for an unknown reason, probably because I was still tweaking it. As far as I can recall I had a 4 x TDA1543 NOS DAC at that time that I liked somewhat better. The DAC is working fine and has no defects whatsoever. It was forgotten until I opened one of the boxes with electronics after I moved houses.

So you just solder a Vref cap and you can use it. I can solder a cap for you but it will be a BG STD then...so I would rather advise to use the cap you like best and to solder it yourself. I was thinking of 150 Euro ex shipping considering I used BG NX HiQ caps. This is the first version of the DAC and I see Peter Daniel still is busy changing it for the better.

Attachments

• IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    891.7 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.