• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Custom Center Channel-or Parts-Accuton C79-6, 2xUsher 8945P, NeoCD2.0, 2xRS180-4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a custom center channel speaker with a professionally designed passive crossover using 1xAccuton C79-6, 2x Usher 8945P, and 1 NeoCD2.0. Unfortunately my setup does not allow for a center channel anymore. This has been very lightly used.

It is in a basic unfinished/unpainted MDF box.

I am also willing to part it out, but want to keep the Accuton unless it goes as part of the complete speaker, as backup for my mains.

$500 for the complete speaker

Looking for $100 each for the Ushers, and $85 for the Fountek.

Also selling 2x Dayton RS180-4. One is very lightly used, and 1 is completely new in box. Asking $40 for NIB item, $35 for lightly used item.

Also selling 1x new (not in box) Seas P18 RNX/P - $70

Free Shipping on all items.
Willing to accept reasonable offers.

Last edited:
Here is a picture of it. The box is made of 3/4" MDF, and was tack nailed, glued, clamped, and stuffed with acoustistuff. It has been sanded down as well. It has 3 cone style spike feet, and a set of binding posts in the back. I have not made a grill cover for it, but that is basic to do if one would like that.

Attachments

• CenterChannel.jpg
    CenterChannel.jpg
    546.3 KB · Views: 207
Meniscus audio designed it

I did not build the mid it's own subenclosure, and there is no additional bracing. The internal dimensions are only 21.5x11.5x8.5, so I felt like the 3/4in MDF was strong enough. The enclosure is adequate, but not overbuilt, as I was attempting to keep the size down while minimizing internal volume.

It'd be easy enough to cut the back off and add bracing and a mid enclosure if that was of interest, but it'd reduce the internal volume.

The woofers are sealed...2 woofers in ~1.16sq ft volume f3 approx 75hz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.