diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Swap Meet (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/)
-   -   FS: QSC PLX2 1804 amplifier w/ quiet fan -$500 shipped/$450 local (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/212894-fs-qsc-plx2-1804-amplifier-w-quiet-fan-500-shipped-450-local.html)

taloyd 18th May 2012 09:44 PM

FS: QSC PLX2 1804 amplifier w/ quiet fan -$500 shipped/$450 local

Hola,

Have a QSC PLX2-1804 that I'm selling as I:
*need the funds
*don't need so much power for my application
*still don't like the fan noise, though it's pretty subtle with the nice quiet one

Note: the amplifier has a BRAND-NEW mainboard, as I apparently fried it (along with 2 other amplifiers I have while "troubleshooting") from a (very) faulty output from my DEQX unit. Service was done at an authorized QSC service center, and cost $400. Have the paperwork, as I JUST got it back. (Will attach photo of the paperwork later.)

More notes:
*Amplifier puts out 550 watts RMS at 8 ohms, and 800 at 4 ohms, stereo

*there is no bridged output - only stereo

*there are only Speakon connectors. I really like Speakon connectors, and can include a pair of 10 ft. 12 ga. Speakon to bare wire cables if that's a make-it-or-break-it issue.

*the fan was replaced with a REALLY nice Papst fan with a 19db rating and 25cfm, cost $24 before shipping from Digikey.
FAN TUBEAXIAL 80X25.4MM 24VDC - 8414NGML

*amp specifications are at:
QSC - PLX1804 Specifications

This is a great, modern, switching power supply amplifier that can deliver a ton of power to a pair of subwoofers/woofers. Given the amount of power, I was going to actually run the pair of 8 ohm subwoofers per side I have in SERIES instead of PARALLEL to increase damping factor/reduce cable effects, and actually get the amplifier going a little.

Going to instead use a lower power amplifier, as I think I was worrying way too much about "dynamic range" considering I'm dealing with a pair of 15" sub/woofers per side...

Shipping is included in the $500 asking price; or the amplifier is $450 if picked up in Los Angeles. Price is pretty firm.

Let me know if you have any questions.
cheers,
-Tal

taloyd 24th May 2012 04:48 PM

Price drop!

$450 shipped; $400 local to Los Angeles.

This is an ideal subwoofer/woofer amp - very high power, well engineered switch-mode power supply, and compact. And I personally really like Speakon connectors. (Can include a set of 10 ft. cables with Speakon on one end and bare wire on the other if you're lacking.)

Just really don't want an amplifier with ANY fan noise - although it's quite minimal given the VERY quiet and high quality fan I purchased for this amplifier.

cheers,
-Tal

taloyd 20th June 2012 10:52 PM

bump in the night

This is an incredible stereo subwoofer amplifier - just overkill for my needs!

thanks,
-Tal

taloyd 25th July 2012 12:16 AM

bump, redux

Still available - don't know why this isn't being snatched up!

thanks,
-Tal

taloyd 31st August 2012 11:02 PM

Buy me!

Still available - moving soon, and still dreaming of a fan-free high-power amplifier... which I won't purchase until I can sell this.

thanks,
-Tal

taloyd 16th October 2012 07:03 PM

$430 shipped, $380 local to Los Angeles! Will include really nice Speakon cables!

Hello,

Ended up finding an amplifier to replace this. Has less than half the power at 4 ohms, but otherwise is nice.

Will include a pair of well made thick Speakon cables, about 10ft, and quite thick (14 ga., IIRC).

cheers,
-Tal

taloyd 17th January 2013 05:06 PM

WHAT - ANOTHER PRICE DROP?

Already picked up replacement amplifier (with less than half the RMS power). Price drop to $380 picked up, or $400 shipped!

thanks,
-Tal

taloyd 10th July 2013 09:33 PM

Still available

But I'm starting to think of keeping it and inventing a reason to need another subwoofer to put it to use...

cheers,
-tal

taloyd 9th September 2013 06:37 PM

Sold!

Sold locally!

cheers,
-Tal