• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NICHICON 4,700uF x 63V ($1.25 x 25)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Dude

I received my capacitors today. Can you tell me though, why on the datasheet, these caps have a 15mm minimum length and 19mm length leads. Where as on these, they are both only 5mm long leads?

Some measurements I have taken with my meter below.

4900uf esr .06 ohm vloss 1.2%
5135uf esr .09 ohm vloss .9%
5114uf esr .13 vloss .9%
4900uf esr .09 1.2%

Simon

Hi Dude

I received my capacitors today. Can you tell me though, why on the datasheet, these caps have a 15mm minimum length and 19mm length leads. Where as on these, they are both only 5mm long leads?

Some measurements I have taken with my meter below.

4900uf esr .06 ohm vloss 1.2%
5135uf esr .09 ohm vloss .9%
5114uf esr .13 vloss .9%
4900uf esr .09 1.2%

Simon

Really? I never noticed that. :eek:

My best bet is that it should say 5mm and 19mm. :D

I had 10 or more boxes (purchased directly from the US distributor) from an abandoned project and sold the ones I did not need here and on eBay. You are the first one to point that out...

Do you need longer leads? Even though the caps I sent you match the picture I posted in the beginning of this thread, I would be glad to refund your purchase in case it does not fit your use.

Please let me know and sorry for any inconvenience.

Last edited:
They might have been specially ordered with short leads ready for soldering by a manufacturer, who didn't finally purchase them.

Maybe... :scratch1:

I know we purchased several boxes for PCB mounting (for a "special audio project"), but as far as I can remember that was not a "special order". :rolleyes:
That was back in 2011, so I may have forgotten some details about it.

Indeed the datasheet and the photos I took for the capacitors I am selling do not match. :censored:

------------------------

niss_man

I got your message and will refund your purchase as requested.

Please return the caps to the address on the USPS label.
If you no longer have it, please let me know.

Once again, sorry for any inconvenience.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.