• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hemp Acoustics 8" Full Range Drivers $130 (Pair)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For sale is a pair of Hemp Acoustics 8" Full Range Drivers. These are the classic hemp cone based drivers with whizzer cone and cloth surrounds. There's quite a bit of info on them online and they work well in a variety of enclosures.

I had them in my Oris 150 horns and they sounded nice with lots of body to vocals and fantastic imaging. They only have about 25 hours on them, so they need to be broken in correctly, so are essentially new. I drove them with a 2.5 watt 2A3 amp.

I'm going to be selling the Oris 150 horns with Avant Garde 225 subs as well for local pickup in the Phoenix AZ area (they will come with Dayton full range drivers).

Shipping of the drivers will be via USPS and shipping weight should be around 14 lbs boxed and will ship from 85087. Paypal, money order or personal check (shipped once it clears) is accepted. As a side note, shipping internationally will unfortunately only be available via US post office and I'll need to get pricing from them once packaged so it will take a few extra days to finalize everything, but I understand that's pretty standard.;)

A guy here did a BLH for them (and the Visaton B200, he claimed), but you had to pay for the design. Vadim, maybe? Ask E-speakers.

You might want to stroll over to the Wild Burro forum, as a couple of people have proposed BLHs for my speakers (the BetsyK).

If you've got the room, go with the simplest blh: the BIB. Either way, you should buy them from Dilmonkey. You'll like them.

Dilmonkey: what do you want for the horns?

Paul
Wild Burro Audio Labs - DIY Full Range Speakers

Images of the Hemp Acoustics

I apologize, I should have added the images when I posted. Here are some of them below:

Attachments

• hemp_acoustics_both_fr.jpg
    hemp_acoustics_both_fr.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 133
  • hemp_acoustics_both_bck.jpg
    hemp_acoustics_both_bck.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 129
  • hemp_acoustics__lftclose.jpg
    hemp_acoustics__lftclose.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 132
  • hemp_acoustics_rghtclose.jpg
    hemp_acoustics_rghtclose.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 128
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.