• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

sonus faber concertino with matching stands

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
expensive suckers although I have to admit much better (actually a miles better) than my proac clones (thanks Troels I hope you're better cook or whatever occupation you enjoy keep you day job) I decided to go to heaven drinking whisky so they have to go to finance the journey :crazy:
Ps pictures on Audiogon. $800 plus all expenses

I'd rate them 6/10 as there are some imperfections and no duct tape vent is not an option with them . You'd have to send them to the master yourself.

Attachments

• sonus faber 001.JPG
    sonus faber 001.JPG
    879.1 KB · Views: 304
  • sonus faber 002.jpg
    sonus faber 002.jpg
    737 KB · Views: 290
  • sonus faber 003.jpg
    sonus faber 003.jpg
    739.1 KB · Views: 273
  • sonus faber 004.jpg
    sonus faber 004.jpg
    910.7 KB · Views: 259
  • sonus faber 007.jpg
    sonus faber 007.jpg
    734.6 KB · Views: 246
  • sonus faber 008.jpg
    sonus faber 008.jpg
    828.3 KB · Views: 100
$800! Jeesh! Thats $300 more than some really fine speakers sold elsewhere at this forum....and your cones aren't even bumped and sucked.....and the finish...my gosh, it is so wrinkled it almost looks like leather.....not sure about these....And the screws even show on the sides....mmmm mmmm mmmm...

expensive suckers although I have to admit much better (actually a miles better) than my proac clones (thanks Troels I hope you're better cook or whatever occupation you enjoy keep you day job) I decided to go to heaven drinking whisky so they have to go to finance the journey :crazy:
Ps pictures on Audiogon. $800 plus all expenses

This is easily the most amusing/hilarious post I've ever read on diyaudio, that wasn't writen by me, of course ;)

I don't think the Proac clone is suppose to sound good. It's suppose to sound like the original Proac, no?

Interesting side-note: I once caught a guy throwing away a single Sonus Faber floor-standing 2.5-way tower into the trash.

Got it and you're right and although I didn't have original Proac 1S on hand to compare I did have it's center channel brother CC1 and it appeared to be considerably smoother and little better sounding (than clone) although those HF spikes were still there. "Tinos" are creamy sounding with nice tone and textures and surprisingly decent coherence for the speakers built with modest components and disregarded by many (also by myself in my stupidity ) as a furniture speakers only. If they were plain box vanilla (and priced accordingly) and looked less bourgeois which is a salt in an eye of a former communist I'd kept them. (Enough that for the love of the thing in between I had to accept this fuc..ng leather couch and fake Italian furniture:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.