• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

toronto: box of parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yay Canada!

I am also in TO.
When u guys gettin together?

My wish list is:

600 volt poly caps..

100W output trannys.

------------------

I have some neat TUBES I could trade off:

81st (x4)
1625s (lots) & sockets
814s (a few) & sockets

various glass-bottle style topcap triodes/pentodes.
12SC7s (x60!)
6BL7s (x40)
6AL7G (x16)

I have car and can give lifts...

Last edited:
This thread gave me an idea...We should start a local Toronto area thread as a trade and replace thread. I have several older Seas tweeters, Luxman(seas) tweeters, Old Phillips drive units, lots of crap laying around even old CD/dvd players and such. I don't really need anything but if we can trade for something so others can find use locally I'm game. Maybe I'll start the thread and set up some guidelines. Sound good to anyone?

edit: just noticed this is essentially what Joe proposed

Last edited:
Even if it's just a meet-and-greet coffee get together it would be awesome to see some of you in person

then we can bring some stuff and we can pick through :)

-joe

Hey, Joe

Great suggestion. I always thought that there has be be enough of us in the GTA and surrounding areas to from some kind of a DIY group - to exchange ideas, show our projects, share our experience and knowledge etc.

Lo_tse

How about biweekly or monthly starting May 12?

We can pick a location like Starbucks / Tim Hortons where we can bring a bunch of parts and swap.. then we can keep track of "requests" and share digikey / mouser / newark orders so that we all save with volume?

I know I buy 100s of resistors to save a penny.. I am sure you have values I don't have etc

-joe

How about biweekly or monthly starting May 12?

We can pick a location like Starbucks / Tim Hortons where we can bring a bunch of parts and swap.. then we can keep track of "requests" and share digikey / mouser / newark orders so that we all save with volume?

I know I buy 100s of resistors to save a penny.. I am sure you have values I don't have etc

-joe

Sounds good! Let's get organised. Which area should we meet, Toronto, Markham, Richmond Hill, Maple, Etobicoke, Missisauga?

Regards,

Lo_tse

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.