WTB: Sabre or Wolfson based Input Only Dac - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th April 2012, 12:06 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default WTB: Sabre or Wolfson based Dac Finished and Well Done

Looking for a finished/completed Sabre/Wolfson based DAC. I would like quality enough parts. Do not have to be anything fancy, but just a properly/proven implemented design and nicer clocks/PS/etc. obviously do not hurt as cost conscious as I am.

Please PM if you have one for sale or can link me to one for sale.

Thanks!

Last edited by findingmyway4ever; 21st April 2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 21st April 2012, 08:47 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Still looking. Thanks!
Old 21st April 2012, 09:10 AM   #3
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Your nickname/handle is well chosen You could have found some if you would have used the Search function... What you exactly are looking for is hard to tell with the given information (input only ? What input ?). Please see the group buy section for a cheap (in price not in performance) ESS DAC design around ES9023. I am shamelessly advertising our DAC design, sorry but pride wins from ratio this time.

You can always sell the discrete output stage in the Swap Meet area

Last edited by jean-paul; 21st April 2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 21st April 2012, 11:17 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Looking for a well built Sabre or Wolfson DAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-paul View Post
Your nickname/handle is well chosen You could have found some if you would have used the Search function... What you exactly are looking for is hard to tell with the given information (input only ? What input ?). Please see the group buy section for a cheap (in price not in performance) ESS DAC design around ES9023. I am shamelessly advertising our DAC design, sorry but pride wins from ratio this time.

You can always sell the discrete output stage in the Swap Meet area
LOL)

Very funny stuff)

Had a look at the thread, but I'm looking for something already completed. I have all the time in the world, well, at least a month or two). I say input side because, though I need to have a second look, I'm just about certain the designer of my pre-dac simply used the dac board and connected the analog/line stage directly to it. So I don't know why he would have attached a linestage directly to a d/a converter when the D part is the dac board, while the A part is his line stage. I can second check both of them, since I have a tubed and a transistor version

Ciao!

Last edited by findingmyway4ever; 21st April 2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: New Title
Old 12th May 2012, 06:01 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Found one (thanks JP)!

Hide this!Advertise here!