• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Magnequest Custom Line Out Transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Magnequest Custom Line Out Transformers

Another pair of these were used with a 12B4A as a fantastic line. I don't know exactly what they are gapped for. I think around 20ma.

600 ohm, 150 ohm, 32 ohm taps.

Look great except for .25" sq nick in the paint on top of one transformer.

Teflon wire lead outs.

$275 pair (add 3% for Paypal)

Buyer Pays Shipping and Insurance

Attachments

• MQ_LINE.jpg
    MQ_LINE.jpg
    830.7 KB · Views: 241
Thanks for your interest.

The secondaries are 600 ohm, 150 ohm, and 32 ohm. I think the primary is around 5K. I don't know the primary inductance but these are large line out transformers at 5lbs each.

You can't think the primary is "around 5k".
It must be known, otherwise the secondaries cannot be called 600, 150 and 32 ohm.
When you're not sure, just measure the winding ratio (simple to do, but do it unloaded).
For example, when it is 3:1 from the primary winding to the secondary "600 ohm" tap, you deal with a 5k4 primary impedance (600 x 3²), which is quite likely for a line output transformer.

They look very much like some custom 12B4 transformers Electraprint made for me.
Are you sure the transformers are Magnequest? My reason for asking is the similarity with my Electraprints, and that Mike usually make parafeed transformers with a completely different formfactor.

They look very much like some custom 12B4 transformers Electraprint made for me.
Are you sure the transformers are Magnequest? My reason for asking is the similarity with my Electraprints, and that Mike usually make parafeed transformers with a completely different formfactor.

Mike makes some like this, and Electraprint doesn't use Brass screws, but Mike always does.

Yes. They look just like those except they do not have the "MQ" silkscreen.

I apologize for not testing. I am very busy at the moment. I normally would not post something without more information.

I also have some Magnequest FS-100 that I may part with but they will be very expensive compared to these

Great feedback from everyone, thanks.

Those are 100% Magnequest.
They have kimber Kable lead outs and that is Mike's color code.
Electraprint never uses industrial finish powder coat on his bell ends

FYI I have known mike for almost 20 years now and I use to sell transformers for him on Ebay.
IF you remove the bell ends you will see writing on the on the coil
(have no fear you will not lose the gap because he uses lamination keepers for this purpose) Electraprint does not use keepers and I have had several lose the gap in shipping. But Jack also makes and excellent product

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.