possible hexfred diode group buy - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd October 2003, 12:53 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default possible hexfred diode group buy

Hi out there.
I've listened to my Aleph 2's for a while and love them. Now it's time to build the propper supply to wrench out everything they are capable of producing.
I'm wanting to buy IFR hexfreds for bridge HFA25PB60.
They are 25A 600v ultra fast soft recovery in a TO247AC case.
Digikeys price is 6.62 usd each, or I could buy 50 from Future-Active for less than 2.00 each. But I must buy full tubes of 25.
I'm almost at the break even cost to buy one tube as opposed to 8 from digikey.
Anyway, If someone else is interested in some, post here or email me. Let's try to make this hobby affordable.

PS I set up an accout with FA and bought 100 fets for Alephs, There service was great.
Old 3rd October 2003, 05:01 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to dunderchief
Might be interested... I'll keep an eye on the thread, I would only need like 10-15 max
Old 3rd October 2003, 07:06 AM   #3
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

It would be nice to get 16... as long as i can send you payPal & postage to Canada isn't too high.

dave
Old 3rd October 2003, 10:24 PM   #4
rdunnit is offline rdunnit  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to rdunnit
I am not trying to break up a group buy but I was looking at ON SEMI's website and they have some 30A 600V ultra fast soft recovery diodes listed there in the TO-247 case.
https://www.onsemi.com/site/products...WT_553,00.html

You can order free samples from them but only 5 diodes at a time. I have ordered some samples from them in the past and I am very greatful for the sample programs. If it were not for these kind of programs I would progress very slowly in my audio creations.
Old 4th October 2003, 02:34 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Re: possible hexfred diode group buy

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Donaldson
PS I set up an accout with FA and bought 100 fets for Alephs, There service was great.
Yeah, Future Active is sometimes out of stock, but they follow up with emails to let you know when to expect shipment. I have also used them for high quality tools from Italy.

One distributor which is very comprehensive, but seems to have some kind of problem in their warehousing and distribution is Newark Electronics -- I keep getting dribs and drabs of an order which is very expensive for them -- a couple hundred SMT resistors at a clip.

Overall, I think the semi-industry must be on the uptick as there has been a bump up in prices for things like OP-AMPS and ADC's of late.
Old 4th October 2003, 03:44 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

www.schuro.de
Old 7th October 2003, 02:09 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

OK, I'm ordering 50 HFAPB60 IR fred diodes tomorrow. They are 25A 600V in a 2 pin TO247 case. I need 8 now and want to hold at lease 8 for stock.
For all interested, They will cost $2.20 each plus shipping. USPS calculator shows $4.00 to Canada.
My terms are personal check or money order that will be honored at Bank of America In US dollars. Email me if you're interested.

I love full tubes of semis from Internation Rectifier

Hide this!Advertise here!