• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

possible hexfred diode group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi out there.
I've listened to my Aleph 2's for a while and love them. Now it's time to build the propper supply to wrench out everything they are capable of producing.
I'm wanting to buy IFR hexfreds for bridge HFA25PB60.
They are 25A 600v ultra fast soft recovery in a TO247AC case.
Digikeys price is 6.62 usd each, or I could buy 50 from Future-Active for less than 2.00 each. But I must buy full tubes of 25.
I'm almost at the break even cost to buy one tube as opposed to 8 from digikey.
Anyway, If someone else is interested in some, post here or email me. Let's try to make this hobby affordable.

PS I set up an accout with FA and bought 100 fets for Alephs, There service was great.

I am not trying to break up a group buy but I was looking at ON SEMI's website and they have some 30A 600V ultra fast soft recovery diodes listed there in the TO-247 case.
https://www.onsemi.com/site/products/summary/0,4450,MUR3060WT_553,00.html

You can order free samples from them but only 5 diodes at a time. I have ordered some samples from them in the past and I am very greatful for the sample programs. If it were not for these kind of programs I would progress very slowly in my audio creations.

Brian Donaldson said:
PS I set up an accout with FA and bought 100 fets for Alephs, There service was great.

Yeah, Future Active is sometimes out of stock, but they follow up with emails to let you know when to expect shipment. I have also used them for high quality tools from Italy.

One distributor which is very comprehensive, but seems to have some kind of problem in their warehousing and distribution is Newark Electronics -- I keep getting dribs and drabs of an order which is very expensive for them -- a couple hundred SMT resistors at a clip.

Overall, I think the semi-industry must be on the uptick as there has been a bump up in prices for things like OP-AMPS and ADC's of late.

OK, I'm ordering 50 HFAPB60 IR fred diodes tomorrow. They are 25A 600V in a 2 pin TO247 case. I need 8 now and want to hold at lease 8 for stock.
For all interested, They will cost $2.20 each plus shipping. USPS calculator shows $4.00 to Canada.
My terms are personal check or money order that will be honored at Bank of America In US dollars. Email me if you're interested.

I love full tubes of semis from Internation Rectifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.