• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For SaleB&C DCM50 2" Horn Compression drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi SOLD

another part of my spring sale , please look at my other ads also :

here we have a pair of B&C DCM50 drivers barely broken in, bought in January 2012. they are kind of hard to get right now it seems that distributors have to wait for dcm50 orders to be delivered , but that might have changed (?)

these are one of the few drivers that can actually play down to 400hz if you use a horn supporting that . they are unique in that they use a composite diaphragm (paper). Bill Woods from AH Horns is recommending them to use w/ his Conical horns , and yeah , i do have a pair of 350hz conical 16 petal wood horns for sale too in case you would like to purchase them together.

specs can be found here:

B&C SPEAKERS

asking $799 750 obo plus shipping

paypal adds fees , usps MO is preferred.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
These are two drivers I have wanted to try. Did you move off the B&C because of the size difference (it really needs a big horn to sing), or did you feel the Beyma simply sounded better?

Thanks again,

its hard to compare the two as they cover different ranges.

the dcm can be used down into the 400/500hz region and for that a big horn is needed . it does not play all the way up to 20khz so most people would like to get a super tweeter which might be a challenge to integrate with a big horn .
the tpl150h can be used one or better two octaves above the dcm , some people use it in the 1k range but most recommend not to cross below 1600 .
it plays all the way up to 20k but of course needs a midrange that can keep up with it , sensitivity and dynamics are great w/ the tpl150h .
they can be run w/ the back open also so implementations in open baffle is an option.
i might actually try the tpl150h with a lowther pm6 on an ob and altec/gpa 416 for bass . i have a pair of lowthers sitting here and i did not get to use them yet .

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.