• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

amperex 6922 pinched waist

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I came across some amperex 6922 pinched waist tubes and I have not been able to find a whole lot of info on them. I have a quad set with date codes 7L3, delta7J made in Holland white paint PQ's. Also have a pair of made in NYC 7L4, *9J white paint PQ's. I do not have access to a tube tester at this time but assuming they test well does anyone have an idea what would be an appropriate asking price for them? Anyone interested?

Here you go...

Attachments

• DSC01762.jpg
    DSC01762.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 414
  • DSC01763.jpg
    DSC01763.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 395
I may be wrong but I can't help thinking that these tubes are Amperex rejects. Rejected because of the distorted malformed glass envelope even though they may be electrically good. Were they scooped up out of the reject bin by an in plant worker? I know if I were a QC inspector for Amperex, these would have never made it to distribution. Perhaps that's why you can't find much info on them. I've spent many past years in the surplus tube business and have never come across any of these. And the branding doesn't look quite right, but it could be the bent glass.

re: 6922

I came across some amperex 6922 pinched waist tubes and I have not been able to find a whole lot of info on them. I have a quad set with date codes 7L3, delta7J made in Holland white paint PQ's. Also have a pair of made in NYC 7L4, *9J white paint PQ's. I do not have access to a tube tester at this time but assuming they test well does anyone have an idea what would be an appropriate asking price for them? Anyone interested?

still available?

this is absolute madness these are fully equivalent to the normal E88CC just deformed by some toolhead who has misadjusted the sealex machine The entire story is likely invented by somone who came across a big batch of rejects

welcome to the stamp collecting game. oh wait Tulip mania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

v4lve

Ha ha!!

Mind you I did have a pair of D3As, Telefunken or Lorenz which had this "waisted" effect.

And guess what; they were identical - at least on my AVO 163 to all the other D3As I had. How did they "sound"? Why like all the other ones of course!

Anyway no ECC88/6DJ8/E88CC/6922 is worth a fraction of the money quoted - even if they have "square getter" diamond on bottom, black plate, long plate, any old plate.

Nonsense.

Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.