• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

IKEA, Orlando, FL; need purchasing agent

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a project. I need an item from IKEA which is only in stock at one store in their system. That is Orlando, Florida. I have contacted the store directly where I spoke with a sales associate. I was told they do not ship items from stock.

The item is relatively small. I need 4 of them at a cost of ~$10 ea. All 4 would fit in a bag and be able to be carried in-hand from the store...and posted to me.

If you are close to the store and willing to be reimbursed for your trouble send me a pm for the details.

Ed

I have to let you know the speculation has been entertaining. To further it any longer would not be nice. My project has nothing to do with audio. It is about bedside lighting.
The sales associate in Orlando said they had the fixtures desired in silver. They were not found and this was relayed. A second choice was made for white which will be painted to suit. I'll discard the base and use 2 fixtures per side, mounting them in a cantilever shelf made from purpleheart. One will serve as a reading light while the other will serve indirect lighting needs. They are provided with a cord set, a low-voltage transformer and in-line switch. I plan to use surface mount, illuminated switches to serve as night lights.

JANSJÖ Work lamp - IKEA

Last edited:
I have seen this thing in IKEA and I live in Orlando !

I think I saw, no picked it up and moved it, in the Sunrise Fl. store when I bought a bunch of storage shelves last month. The web site now says that there are none in stock because the store is being remodeled. I live about a mile from the store, which claims to be the largest Ikea in the US.

The Pittsburgh store shows only one in stock. I won't be there until May though for my annual trip to the Dayton hamfest. It will be long gone.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.