• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB : 220uF 35V-63V Blackgate Nx series

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm capX, i wonder if low impedance is multiplied too? havent thought about this. myself i would probably just stick with the KZ or go silmic, however i wonder since this is power supply whether polymers could be used to effect here, such as the Nichicon FP range. for me BG these days are simply not a value proposition and i would only consider them if being used in an AC signal path application at which point i would probably consider adding large films from cornell dubillier anyway, as films will beat electro anyday IMO no matter which.

you could consider mundorf E-Caps, which i feel ar5e superior to BG as electros for PSU go, if you must have bipolar then here (part # mundorf-71881 is 220uf) or if polarized is ok and you have the space then the Mundorf MLGO here part Mundorf-71835. Dont get the SI (snap in) ones on special as they have steel leads, ive found them excellent anyway as long as you keep that in mind, but they are being phased out. these dont go any smaller than that and 2200uf though, so you would probably replace all 4 with 1 or 2 yes?

hmm capX, i wonder if low impedance is multiplied too? havent thought about this. myself i would probably just stick with the KZ or go silmic, however i wonder since this is power supply whether polymers could be used to effect here, such as the Nichicon FP range. for me BG these days are simply not a value proposition and i would only consider them if being used in an AC signal path application at which point i would probably consider adding large films from cornell dubillier anyway, as films will beat electro anyday IMO no matter which.

you could consider mundorf E-Caps, which i feel ar5e superior to BG as electros for PSU go, if you must have bipolar then here (part # mundorf-71881 is 220uf) or if polarized is ok and you have the space then the Mundorf MLGO here part Mundorf-71835. Dont get the SI (snap in) ones on special as they have steel leads, ive found them excellent anyway as long as you keep that in mind, but they are being phased out. these dont go any smaller than that and 2200uf though, so you would probably replace all 4 with 1 or 2 yes?

I buy all the time at Parts Connexion but never really took the time to look at Mundorf electrolytics... They're really nice indeed! I just don't know the effect of the extra capacitance in that part of the circuit... I would certainly go for 2x 1000uF or 2x 2200uF but will need to simulate it in Spice. The ESR is really low with those as well... Niiiice!

Thanks
Do

Loking for 8 pieces of 220uF 35V-63V Blackgate Nx series

Or if you have anything better in the blackgate... please make sure those are 110% originals, there's too many fakes floating around!
Well,
If you're looking for NX 220uF in 35; 50 or 63 Volts, you'll have no other choice than to buy FAKES :D

Hint - BG NX were never 63 Volts - only 35 or 50.
Take a look at this list:
Black Gate Electron Transfer
From my memory it looks like a list of complete BG line.
I have to look for original Word document from Takeda Machinery that they've sent me to be 100% certain.
In N or NX line your choices are very limited, and be prepared to pay megabucks if you find them.
(I only have 220 and 470 STD in 50 V)

I buy all the time at Parts Connexion but never really took the time to look at Mundorf electrolytics... They're really nice indeed! I just don't know the effect of the extra capacitance in that part of the circuit... I would certainly go for 2x 1000uF or 2x 2200uF but will need to simulate it in Spice. The ESR is really low with those as well... Niiiice!

Thanks
Do

well if you have to have smaller the 220uf bipolars i linked are pretty decent too. the MLGO are very nice and also look pretty sweet =) so using 2 x 1000 in place of 4 x 220u is doubling plus a little, i wouldnt think that would be too bad, dont know whether 2200 would be appropriate, but it is lower Z than the 1000.

good luck

Loking for 8 pieces of 220uF 35V-63V Blackgate Nx series

Or if you have anything better in the blackgate... please make sure those are 110% originals, there's too many fakes floating around!

I may sell some, but before asking price sit down (to prevent fell off your feet) :)

BTW anyone who says that silmic or ZL or anything other is better or at least similar are very self confident..

Status
Not open for further replies.