• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Wanted Tektronix 465/465 knobs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Need one or two volts/division knobs for a Tektronix Model 465 or 466 scope. Clear dial skirt reads from 5mv to 50V. Part number is 366-1426-00.

The numbers must be clearly visible and not worn out. I already have worn-out ones where you can't tell the difference between 1 and .1

Also if anyone knows where I can buy new I'd appreciate it.

Thanks gootee, I did see that. I also saw $29 apiece, which is a bit steep for a knob :)

Yeah, it seems pricey. But I didn't know how desperate you were. And the ones pictured look like new.

I'll see if I have any left, here. Might take a while.

You should definitely also ask in the TekScopes forum, at yahoogroups.com, and also in the sci.electronics.repair Usenet group, accessible through Google Groups .

On the other hand, if you still have intact plastic knob skirts and just the markings are bad, then maybe you could just re-do the markings yourself. One way, off the top of my head, would be to create the markings on a computer and then print them onto a transparent sheet, cut them out, and glue them onto the skirt. The transparent sheet could either be the kind for an overhead projector, or, peel-and-stick transparent label stock.

Cheers,

Tom Gootee

Thanks Tom. The knobs on my 466 are not broken, but the writing is worn and I have made a couple mistakes because of that.

I have thought of re-marking them myself but it would take a lot of time to get something printed that way. Additionally, I would have to first erase the existing (worn) markings. Either abrasive or solvent would have to be used and in both cases it would render the skirt non-transparent. I'm not prepared to spend several hours polishing it back to transparent :)

Given how cheap the 400 series Tek scopes are on the used market, I figured a lot of them get scrapped for parts and I just have to find a person doing that.

I might also see if I can hand-mark them with a sharp thin point paint marker. They don't have to be pretty, just readable and unambiguous.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.