Old Theater Tube Amps and Speakers - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th March 2012, 04:49 PM   #1
pjanda1 is offline pjanda1  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Old Theater Tube Amps and Speakers

I serve on the Board of a non-profit historic theater (the Midwest) in Scottsbluff, NE. We are raising money for a digital projector, and I volunteered to try and sell off the remaining bits of the old sound systems. I took a few quick pics in the dark. If you are interested in any of this stuff, lets talk. Otherwise, feel free to forward this along to anyone who might be! I have more pictures/higher res, and can get more details as necessary.

In this set of pics:

Three International Projector Company AM-1027 Amplifiers: These look like the most useful to the audio crowd: big PP 6L6 amps with serious iron (some speculate Peerless). A smaller model, uglier pair of IPC amps brought $2K on Ebay last night. Three is a nice number:
replacement iron!

See the box they are sitting on? We've got three of those stuffed with Altec 600B Alnico 12" speakers. These are a rare, old (for Altec, even) extended range driver. They look to be an excellent shape. A pair in prettier boxes brought nearly $600 on ebay a few days ago.

The big RCA rack is obviously the greatest challenge. I'd appreciate the knowledge of anyone who can help me ID it, put a value on it, and/or find it a home.

That RCA attenuator/selector is connected by shafts to a perfect mate, I don't know if they're worth anything, but they are cool.

You may have noticed that big Amperex 845. It might be NOS. I don't really know, and my little tube tester isn't going to tell me much. We have a pile of tubes, some look NOS, others look used. Some are common audio tubes (a few 6L6s, rectifiers and small signal) others are not. I took pics of each, but my priority is to get the amps and speakers sold before messing with the tubes.

Not pictured: we have matching IPC preamps (AM 1065) for those big amplifiers. They look as if they run off an independent power supply. Some old Simplex chassis too. All of these look more useful as parts.

So again, let me know if you are interested, or know anyone who might be. Thanks for your time.

Paul
Wild Burro Audio Labs - DIY Full Range Speakers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IPC.JPG (162.0 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg IPC2.JPG (222.7 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg IPC3.JPG (136.5 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg RCA1.JPG (144.4 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg RCA3.JPG (133.8 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg 600B.JPG (168.0 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg attenuator.JPG (123.4 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg 845.JPG (105.0 KB, 113 views)

Last edited by pjanda1; 4th March 2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: formatting
Old 4th March 2012, 06:33 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Wow, my phone is ringing constantly after I posted this stuff on Denver Craigslist. I've got an idea of what we want for most of it, but I really don't know what we should ask for the big RCA stack. If anyone has any tips to ID'ing it and putting a value on it, please let me know.

Paul
Old 5th March 2012, 12:02 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Sound like I've got the whole pile sold.

Paul
Old 5th March 2012, 12:14 AM   #4
GloBug is offline GloBug  Canada
Banned

Ya it's a nice setup.

Hope you did well for them.

Too bad they just did not give it to you!
Old 5th March 2012, 02:22 AM   #5
limono is offline limono  United States
diyAudio Member

I hope you didn't sell it to cheap . Those amperex 845 must have been worth as much as a car.....

Hide this!Advertise here!