• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Max Townshend Original HIFI Rack NOT GLASS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2007
This is a 3 shelf unit with 2x Seismic Sinks. Its probably about ten year old but the sinks are in perfect working order, however the shelves could do with a paint job to make them look new, as far as i remember the equipment covers the scuffs (they are wood shelfs so not hard to paint) The main thing is the rack still functions as was designed, these things are like hens teeth, suprisingly there is a 4 shelf version on ebay right now for £450. Townshend Audio Seismic Stand | eBay Actually mine looks a much better design than that one, it has the 2 sinks higher up and it comes with a very heavy counter weight that hides under the bottom shelf, this allows the stand to allways be perfectly level regardless of what you put on it. I think I paid £650 for it back in the day, a lot of money but worth every penny. I heard this demo at a show, Max played about 30 seconds of music then let the air out and played the same track, everyone in the room was gobsmacked. I havnt used it in a long time and its burried at the back of a room, i will try and dig it out at the weekend for pics, in the event of someone wanting to pick it up sooner I will brave the caos, collect in person only, its too bulky to post, I am between Reading and Newbury.
£250, ive been hanging onto it for when i get my music head back on but that may never happen, this will be the best £250 you have spent on your hifi, i will be genuinly sorry to see it go.

Alan

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.