• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ELNA FOR AUDIO 10.000UF 80V

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have zero sympathy for you, zero. Don't be so dramatic.

All you did was link another Asian distributor of these caps, downtown Shanghai no less. LMAO.

Sorry, Tanin Elna co. is only a factory in Thailand where they make things. They do not take custom orders, nor do they distribute products, they are only affiliated through manufacturing.

If you research a little bit first your lies would be more believable.

Because everything on the planet is made in asia?

Sometimes we had a joke in here luke,
God make the world & all the rest made in china :D:eek:
(for the ic, they just reprinting)

i try to contact elna myself still without confirmation now
i ask headfi and analog metric but they are just said this is genuine

this time the store just bought 500pcs caps
from one of their electronic supplier
if i asked them they just said this is genuine
so what can i say now

btw thank you for all attention, best regards

Pocoyo, you should confirm the capacitance and esr of the caps. If you don't have a meter of the appropriate span, you can rig up a discharge test through a capacitor using the timing method, look up "measuring capacitance." An esr meter is nice to have, you can get one for about $100. You could also mail one to a "reputable" diyaudio member (if such thing exists) and have them test it. They may even be able to do a leakage test for you. I don't think cutting one open proves anything. These two tests will at least confirm the stated values. The ESR should be .010 @ 1KHz) or thereabouts, definitely less than .020 for a "For Audio" cap. I measure .01 (@ 1Khz) on your previous 12000uF/63V caps you sold. Even if these measurements pan out, they could always be a less expensive cap with new wrapping, but they would at least have good specs.

One thing that gives me concern about these caps is the fact that they appear to be of identical construction to the 12000/63 ones you see out there and the wrapper text is also identical (except for the different values), though the capacitors are stated to have been built 9 years apart.

How about we all chip in? $1 each and then buy one from Pocoyo - and ask him to cut it open to see what it looks like on the inside? ;)

hi coconut & dreadp

luke email me and ask me to send him 1 caps
i think it is ok, better than i do it my self for the test
I wait for his address

thank you for some info before

now i can focus in wadia 12 mods,
a little headache cause the sound looks narrow & high
opa 627 bm was the suspect

best regards

Hi Pocoyo,

I can do the open test and take photos, but Dredpirate has a good point regarding it not proving as much as a capacitance test. I don't have a meter. I think a friend may have one. Ill let you know. Otherwise, perhaps another forum member can help?

I have a bunch of these I bought off ebay - just tested them using an Atlas ESR70+ tester - they come up as .02ohm ESR and 10050 capacitance. I've used them in several power supplies without any issues - if that's any help. They may be a bargain ? - I may even buy some off you Pocoyo

It is always possible someone is rewrapping the LA5 to get a few more bucks as a "FOR AUDIO". You would still get the right capacitance and a pretty good esr. From looking at datasheets, the audio caps seem to always be larger than other equivalently rated caps. Of course, that is just a suspicion, no facts to back up saying the caps are or aren't what they appear to be.

I have a bunch of these I bought off ebay - just tested them using an Atlas ESR70+ tester - they come up as .02ohm ESR and 10050 capacitance. I've used them in several power supplies without any issues - if that's any help. They may be a bargain ? - I may even buy some off you Pocoyo

sounds like they are the real deal to me. What is the latest date of available datasheet, these caps are quite new so its possible that the data sheet is not upto date?
I may buy some too.

It is always possible someone is rewrapping the LA5 to get a few more bucks as a "FOR AUDIO". You would still get the right capacitance and a pretty good esr. From looking at datasheets, the audio caps seem to always be larger than other equivalently rated caps. Of course, that is just a suspicion, no facts to back up saying the caps are or aren't what they appear to be.

i looks rewrapping caps industry here
they cant make metalic and rewrapping is not perfect
the rewrapping cant wrap good in the back of caps
and the letter sometimes washed out

if someone rewrapping caps here they rewrapping from china caps
sometimes identify by black shield in the back of caps
but they didnt rewrapping the exotic caps cause a little buyer
usually they rewrapping blue elna, black nippon chem for industry

i will try it in my amplifier, change supply with this elna
hope it is works better and sound good

thank you, best regards

hi luke & ajst2duk

i can measure capacitance of the caps
i have the caps meter

but how to measure the ohm esr ?
just move the point of meter to OHM ?

thank you, best regards

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Pocoyo You need an ESR meter to measure the ESR of the caps. I have one. Luke if you want to send the cap to me when you are done I can measure the ESR.

I don't have a capacitance meter that can measure that high though. I could however try speaker workshop (I'm not sure if it can measure a cap that big). If it can't I can parallel the cap and a known value coil and work out the capacitance from the resonant peak (to within a reasonable degree of accuracy.

Tony.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
:cop: glowbug, whilst it is true that there are problems with fakes from Asian countries please do not tar everyone with the same brush. It is most certainly the case that manufacturers can get special runs made, and these do not appear in the datasheets. As to how people would come across these "special order" caps though is not clear (if they are in fact genuine). One of the black market tricks is that workers at the factories that make the genuine items, do "off the record" extra production runs, which are sold on the black market. I'm not necessarily talking about electronics here either. I've been told that the best fakes are actually the real thing (just not officially).

Tony.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
PM sent. I was thinking if Luke was willing he could send me the one you sent him, but if you wish to send me another one that is fine :) I can also compare against a nichicon KG 10,000uF 80V cap. Actually perhaps I should measure one of those first to make sure the meter has enough resolution to check it!

OK the 10,000uF 80V Nichicon KG measures 0.00 ohms (the meter only has two digits of precision) so it is effectively 0.009 or lower. I also measured a 10,000uF KG 35V and that also measures 0.00. A 1,000uF 50V panasonic FC is fluctuating between 0.02 and 0.03 ohms. and a 1,000uF 35V elna silmic II is around 0.03 - 0.04 ohms.

Wait to see what others think about the measurements before sending one off :) my meter is a blue esr. It's primary purpose is to identify faulty electro's because of high esr, I'm not sure of its accuracy for very low esr measurements. I unfortunately don't have any big (cheap) caps to compare against.

Tony.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.