• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: OSCON 330uF 16V Caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well for starters they are SMD so while you can bend the leads out and use them PTH, its not ideal, secondly they are only rated for 16v, which is a bit tight for the wire IMO unless you are running 12v rails. the standard caps in the wire are equally good as a brand and actually not sure if opc updates the bom with the R series nichicon release, but for example an equivalent 330uf/16v leaded polymer cap part # RR71C331MDN1 are only $0.88 singly and 10 for 6.70 at digkey here

the above is only 7mOhms ESR vs 16mOhms for the sanyo. these new nichicons and even the last LF series are excellent value and if making any new designs i would for sure be choosing them for polymer if i had room for a can. so if you have the sanyos already and you didnt buy the kit from opc, then sure go ahead and use them, while keeping supply voltage within spec, but i wouldnt buy these just to use in the wire amps. you can quite easily fit a 470uf/16v 9mOhm for $1.08ea or even 820uf/16v 11mOhm for $1.98 in the same spot, but actually the 330/16 I mention up the top in this new RR series has better ripple current rating and lower ESR than the 820uf.

but yes if you have them already, or like me you are buying them cheaply to throw at prototypes or various upgrades or mods of your gear then do that. for highest performance you could do better these days with a more modern part
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/D...&lang=en&site=us&keywords=493-3718-ND&x=0&y=0

I will put some of the oscons in a bal-se version of The Wire (I am a previously silent partner in qusp's set of caps) just for giggles and will report over in the other threads how that experiment turns out. I'll be putting a few of the oscons in some other projects as well though obviously.

I have a bunch of the RR71C331MDN1 330uF/16V nichicon's that qusp mentioned and linked to also. They are now included by opc on the SE-SE and BAL-SE BOM as well as the PSU BOM.

Thanks to Arius for the cheap oscons! :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.