• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB Aikido Phono Board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking for an Aikido Phono Preamp. I am planning to build a NAB/IEC tape head preamp stage for my Otari MX5050. I want to use the Aikido, but John Broskie's online store has shown the board out of stock for ages, and I get no response to availability queries.

Hoping someone has one that they are not planning to use. Otherwise 8 tube P2P!!:rolleyes:

Cheers,
Geary

Wow. Looks very good. Any way to use your file to get boards produced similarly to what Bas and bonny_kjs did with the Aikido line stage? I bought some of those boards and they are very nice!!

Maybe it's group purchase time again!!

Thanks for sharing,
Geary

these boards need some corrections as some lead spacings are of by some mm`s and besides that i feel uncomfortable doing such a thing without the permission of john broskie.

i use 2 facial browners for lighting the photosensitive boards and they are to small for the phono pcb :( so i was left with some unetched copper on both sides and had to use the dremel.

gonna have to make a custom lighting device especially for this phono stage as most pcb`s are smaller.

this board is bigger then john s` aikido with janus shunt onboard.

i will first test this board and if all is well and you have the permission of john we could order some boards, after i take care of some small errors (measurement errors, no connection errors).

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I have a complete board f.s... (set up for 12AX7 & 12AT7 if I remember correct)
Offers?

Arne K

Attachments

• PC141325x.JPG
    PC141325x.JPG
    230.8 KB · Views: 103
why would you sell this?
is there anything better or did you stop listening to vinyl?

btw, john broskie has in his parts list a 1000pf variable cap but where in the world do they sell these?

i ordered some 33n polystyreen and 1000pf silver mica`s for the riaa network.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.