• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Fostex 126e Frugel-Horn Mk3 For Sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Up for offer is a recent build of the Frugel-Horn Mk3 with Fostex 126e drivers. Jon Parkhurst, prolific diyAudio cabinet builder, made these for me in trade for some of my drivers.

The 126 drivers have been used for about 30 hours, and they have gotten much better over that time, but they will still need substantial playing time to settle down. The bass is quite surprising when moved towards the corners in my small room - this coming from a Korneff JK45 amp.

I was going to try to give these to my parents, but they can't be bothered with setting these up properly. At the moment, I have way too many speakers in the house, so these need to find a new home.

Note that the binding posts are banana only. I'm not sure what a reasonable price is or what shipping might be. If possible, I would love to demo/sell these locally, in La Crosse, WI. Let's start at $375 + shipping and see what you think. My main goal is to find a nice home for a great pair of speakers.

Feel free to email a phone number if you want to discuss my thoughts after using these with a 45 and SEP EL84 amp.

Regards,

Michael

Attachments

• DSCN4071.jpg
    DSCN4071.jpg
    623.7 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCN4072.jpg
    DSCN4072.jpg
    605.5 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCN4073.jpg
    DSCN4073.jpg
    610.5 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.