• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amplifier Chassis (x2) For Sale (UK)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Two unused black amplifier chassis with aluminium front plate. I bought these several years ago but never got round to using them for anything.

One of them has a 'Vandal Resistant' Push Button Security Switch* installed which sells for around £15 alone.

Chassis Details:
6mm thick faceplate
Overall dimensions approx: 25.5cm x Height: 9.5cm x Depth 30.5cm
Overall height including feet: 11cm

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

---
Selling for £35 each including UK delivery, or £60 for both.

* this type of push button does not *switch*. They make contact when pushed in but once you let go it does not stay pushed in.. Additional circuitry probably required.

Nice chassis. I have similar chassis from DACT, and paid the double of what you want.

FIY: If you need a mains power switch of the same type in the picture above, "allpartspipe" sells a possible alternative on ebay. This is a latching switch (DPDT) so it stays in when pressed. I just took delivery of a few. Not vandal proof, but OK quality, and no extra circuitry required.

Locking illuminated DPDT Cabinet Switch 230V, W22ZD | eBay

Attachments

• switch.png
    switch.png
    47 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Hi Dave, I can't let them go for less than £60 because of the amount of interest I've already had: besides another offer for £50, I've had two asking price offers (contingent on them checking their project size / international delivery costs).

Still for sale, just waiting for the first person to confirm @60.

Nice chassis. I have similar chassis from DACT, and paid the double of what you want.

FIY: If you need a mains power switch of the same type in the picture above, "allpartspipe" sells a possible alternative on ebay. This is a latching switch (DPDT) so it stays in when pressed. I just took delivery of a few. Not vandal proof, but OK quality, and no extra circuitry required.

Locking illuminated DPDT Cabinet Switch 230V, W22ZD | eBay
Here's another chassis that I wired the switch only as a front panel light ;)

21-05-07-01.jpg

Damn too late....to late to warn you clifforest. A bad buy.
Look at those flimsy frontplate. Everyone knows a 6mm frontplate is waaay to flimsy. If you push that push-button I bet you easilly push it right through!

If really advise you to cancel your buy and instead spend your hard earned money on booz and hookers. ;-)

Always loved the looks of those ATI cases. Such a shame they went out of buisiness.

Orions...

Likewise, it's been a while. Still loving the Orions*. In fact you can blame them for me having never DIYed properly since.

* (and which might soon also be for sale)

* ? really, will you go away from Orions or are you moving away from nice audio...

Interesting to know your direction... I'm tempted by the Dipole route based on what I heard of your orions but didn't get round to the build stage :)

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.