• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Acoustic Elegance 12 Dipole one of the best open baffle mid bass drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

For sale is a pair of Acoustic Elegance TD 12 Dipole .
these are the same drivers used in the granada speaker where they are paired w/ feastrex drivers:

The Granada Loudspeaker

they are in good condition , never abused .
at this time i don't think they are available from John as he still works on his back log. or it would take 6 months to get them.

asking $450 for the pair plus shipping.
i prefer usps money order , paypal adds fees.
i have perfect feedback on audiogon under the same moniker.
will add photos later.

The Dipole12 was designed specifically for open baffle/dipole use. As open baffles typically require high excursion from the drivers, this driver features a large underhung motor with full copper sleeve on the pole. This combination means extreme linearity and extremely low distortion during high excursion use. The high Q and low Fs allows for the driver itself to be very efficient at low frequencies and have a very flat response down into the mid 20Hz range. This means no EQ is required to flatten the driver itself, only to compensate for the baffle rolloff. As with all of the TD drivers the Dipole12 has extremely low and linear inductance allowing it to play cleanly up into the midrange frequencies as high as 2KHz.

Due to the underhung motor design the power handling is lower than the other TD drivers. However, these drivers were intended to be used in multiples per channel when extreme SPLs are required meaning the power handling is right where it is needed. Due to the extremely linear underhung motor, this driver has some of the best midrange performance of any TD woofer. Available in dual 8ohm coils only, specs are with both voice coils wired in series.

Dipole12 (8ohm coils in parallel)
Fs: 25.9Hz
Qms: 11
Vas: 273 L
Cms: 0.7mm/N
Mms: 55 g
Rms: 0.81kg/s
Xmax: 12mm
Sd: 530cm2
Qes: .73
Re: 3.1ohm
Le: 0.04mH
Z: 4ohm
Bl: 6.1T/m
Pe: 200Watts
Qts: 0.68
1WSpl: 90.1dB
2.83V: 94.3dB

Dipole12 Highlights:
Designed specifically for open baffle/dipole use
Underhung motor for extreme BL linearity
Incredibly low inductance
Very wide bandwidth, up to 2KHz

index.php

Post is 6-years old...
Are these still available and functional?
I’m playing with open baffle designs “something very new to Me” and looking for affordable great quality, designed for OB woofers, to further My experience.
I’m currently playing with a F.A.S.T. System using foam core “and anything I can quickly locate and use to get that sound and measurement closer to WOW.
This is a fun new adventure in audio for Me.
Thanks for Your time

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.