FS Audio Physic Spark Floor Standing Speakers great for Small Sized Rooms - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th January 2012, 08:37 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default FS Audio Physic Spark Floor Standing Speakers great for Small Sized Rooms

This is a set of speakers made by Audio Physic. These are the first generation Spark in black ash. It uses a titanium tweeter and a dual voice coil Seas T17 mid-woofer. It has a very small 9"x11" footprint and takes up very little space. Despite its tiny 5 1/4" mid-bass it is capable of producing large amount of low frequencies. It is perfect for studio apartments or bedrooms. These speakers cost $2500 new and I used them in my bedroom for many years. They are very elegant and beautiful and also sound as good as they look. The metal tweeter is surprisingly smooth no harshness at all. They have some nicks around the bases that has been touched up with black paint. The speakers themselves are in very good condition. I prefer pick up in NY but I will also ship. These are very heavy so shipping will be expensive. Asking $750

You can see a video of the speakers here

Audio Physic Spark - YouTube

Click the image to open in full size.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.usClick the image to open in full size.

Last edited by apoopoo999; 16th January 2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 16th January 2012, 08:43 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

This ones are originals designed by me. The mid-bass is direct coupled without crossover and there is only one resistor and cap before the tweeter so they are nearly phase linear. They produce a very big stage, totally free from the speakers and the bass goes surprising deep, i agree. I would keep them.
Old 17th January 2012, 04:34 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard View Post
This ones are originals designed by me. The mid-bass is direct coupled without crossover and there is only one resistor and cap before the tweeter so they are nearly phase linear. They produce a very big stage, totally free from the speakers and the bass goes surprising deep, i agree. I would keep them.

I never thought I would get a comment from the designer of this speaker. You are right about these speakers having a very big stage. The soundstage and imaging on these are second to none! They make my room sound twice as large and are almost holographic. Everytime I listen to these speakers I discover new things in my cd collection. They are truly amazing. I had a really hard time deciding if I should sell these speakers and now you are making me have second thoughts lol

Hide this!Advertise here!