Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th January 2012, 10:12 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Semiconductors For Sale

Hello
I am getting out of my Audio Amplifier Design Hobby (And Home Electronics Lab) after almost 40 years.
(Since I am still designing Analog Power Electronics And Power Supplies for JPL I do as much of this as I still want to)

I have an enormous inventory of semiconductors for sale
Mostly Metal Can Transistors and DIP Packages with leads. Not much Surface Mount.
Voltage References, Voltage Regulators, Op-Amps, Comparators, Optoelectronics, Photovoltaic MOSFET Drivers, Power MOSFETS, 4000 Series CMOS Etc.
The Parts Listed Below are a small subset of what I have, but these have been long time favorites of mine for use in Audio Circuit Design.

JFETS
VCR3P P-CH
VCR4N N-CH
2N5902 Dual N_CH
2N5911 Dual N_CH
2N4856A N-CH
2N5457 N-CH

SPECIAL BIPOLAR
MHQ918 NPN QUAD (GREAT For Thermal Bias cancellation Schemes)
MPQ2484 NPN QUAD (GREAT For Thermal Bias cancellation Schemes)
MPQ3799 PNP QUAD (GREAT For Thermal Bias cancellation Schemes)
MAT-04 NPN QUAD (GREAT For Thermal Bias cancellation Schemes)
2N2920 Dual NPN
2N3811 Dual PNP
2N3637 PNP
MM5007 PNP
2N2102 NPN
MPS650 NPN
MPS751 PNP

Power Transistors
2N5885 T0-3
RCA 40409 and 40410 Complimentary drivers
2N6609 PNP TO-3
2N3773 NPN TO-3
2N3752 Stud Package Fast driver

SFT2010 NPN TO-3
these may need some explaination because unless you are designing military or Space Flight Hardware You never came across these. They are made by SSDI (Solid State Devices inc.). They make no commercial parts, only Military/Space and there are no other devices similar to these.
The SFT2010 are a 200A, 100V, 600W PD, Huge SOA Capability, 0.25 degC/W thermal resistance (Copper Based TO-3 PKG instead of Steel)
Current Gain BW 30MHz, Hfe@10A 40 min (Typ about 100)
Hfe@100A 30 min
Yeah, these were my favorite Power Transistors for Audio Use for the past 20 years or so. Almost All of the custom Amplifiers I sold used these.
But they are not cheap. $50 each (for Unscreened Parts, SSDI charges about $500 each minimum buy 100)
I only have 8 left of these - All have Read/Record Data that was supplied by SSDI calling out measured parameter values.

The prices for the other parts are more like what you would normally expect to pay for transistors.

All Prices depend on how much you buy, so just ask and I can send you a Quote
Thanks For Looking, Steve

Old 10th January 2012, 12:47 AM   #2
yajnaS is offline yajnaS  India
diyAudio Member

Can you pass 200A through the pins of a TO-3 without the pins fusing ?
Old 10th January 2012, 05:47 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

The SFT2010 is a Modified TO-3 Pkg.
Copper Base instead of steel for improved Thermal resistance
The Die is eutectically Attached Also for Lower Thermal resistance and reliability
The Pins are 60 mil (Thicker) and also Copper Instead Of Steel.

yes, this part can do 200A All day with no reliability issues as long as the junction temp is less than 200 Deg C

You need to solder to the Emitter Pin - obviously a pin connector will not work in a high current application.

I used these at 100A in a Satellite (You can only use a transistor at half it's current rating for most space programs) Power Distribution System

In All of my custom audio amplifier applications (All Class-A Bias) - I used these parts in the 10A-20A range, Hfe is still high (100 or so) in that current range - simplifying Driver Transistor selection.

I never liked the sonic results of having multiple output Transistors in Parallel, and with these parts it was not necessary because of their low thermal resistance combined with their 200 dec C Temperature Rating

Thanks for your comment - it was a good one

Hide this!Advertise here!