• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Dual Winding Toroidal Transformer for Sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have ten costume made dual winding Avel Linberg transformers for sale. Originally designed for a Hybrid Amplifier but will also work for a standard 100 watt/8 ohms SS amplifier since there's two 35VAC/230VA windings on a single core. The transformers have never been used. I'm asking $125.00 for each shipping included. Attached is a pic of the transformer, wiring diagram, and specs.

Al

Attachments

• AvilL35V.gif
    AvilL35V.gif
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,053
  • AvilL35V.JPG
    AvilL35V.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 1,034
Last edited:
Two sold so far, eight to go.

Keep in mind these transformers are custom made, one of kind and very expensive to make easily costing over $250.00. Purchasing separate transformers to match the six windings on this single transformer would add up to about $300.00. Not to mention the difficulties of situating and wiring all the separate transformers.

Last edited:
I'm now asking $110.00 for the transformers including shipping, it's my final offer. I've attached a pic of one my dual 100 watt SymAsym amps using one of the transformers for reference.

Attachments

• CIMG1686.jpg
    CIMG1686.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 801
Last edited:
Hey, one suggestion- these could also be used for a pure tube amp.

How? Take the two 35-0-35 windings, and connect them in series. Ignore the center taps. This will give a single 140v winding. Then, use that single winding, with a voltage doubler... voila, about 350v DC at up to about 380ma or so! That's enough for PP or parallel-SE Class A EL34s or 6L6GCs or such...

The existing 260v windings could be used for other functions- negative rails for bias, front-end tubes, or such...

You might have to find some additional heater current for output tubes... but 6.3v transformers are cheap.

Regards,
Gordon.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.