• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FREE speaker drivers!!!!!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got a number of drivers left over that I don't particularly need and can't afford to store anymore. The list of drivers available is at the link below:

http://home.comcast.net/~jhidley/NHT_Drivers-2.xls

There are also some gold plated ring terminals, one or two subwoofer amplifiers, a couple of subwoofer plate amplifiers and some gold plated binding posts. I need all of this stuff gone by 12/28/11. The drivers are all located in Danville California. I might be convinced to ship some of the stuff as long as it is in the USA (Canada doesn't count), but it is going to cost money to compensate for my time. If anyone wants to donate money for the drivers, I am more than willing to oblige them:)

I sure need a plate-type subwoofer amp. I've got this burned-out Kef cube in need...will cover shipping and time or maybe send my brother over.

BTW I'm finishing the new boxes (isobaric) for those AR 12's from you over Christmas, then I'll put up some pics. Obviously no life if that's how I spend christmas, but yes speakers!

Last edited:
To clarify a few things and answer a few PMs.

Some of the drivers are listed on the sale page, so you can find photos and brief descriptions of them there.

NHT drivers and electronics surplus sale

Some of the plate amplifiers are blown and some work. They are different models and brands.

Please don't PM me with questions about the drivers. If you have a question about the drivers, put it here so everyone can see it and I don't have to answer it 10x.

Two of the Peerless 5.25" drivers (80 and 81) are on the sale page. So are the 4" Seas (H453 076).

I don't know what the sensitivity of the Foster 8" woofers is. They have big motors and a moderately heavy paper cone. I'm assuming they are probably in the 88dB or better range.

Most of these drivers are onesy, twosies so no packaging exists. I can ship the stuff that has packaging, but I really don't want to spend any time fabricating packaging for things I'm giving away.

Baer,

Yes, I only have one B-20 subwoofer amplifier. It was a prototype, but I'm fairly certain that it works correctly.

I have another two channel prototype amplifier that is non functional. I have several other plate amplifiers. Some work, some don't.

I didn't expect that this many people would want stuff shipped. I figured most people would be local and come by to look at stuff.

Ok,

Here is what appears to be gone at this point:

For Chris:

2 12" Jensen woofer
The 3 Jensen 15" woofers
Both the Goldwood woofers
6 of the npt-11-081-1
4 of the npt-11-080-1
6 of the npt-11-076-1
2 of the npt-11-047-1

For Baer:

40ish of the npt-11-081-1 woofers.
9 of the npt-11-076-1

The remaining npt-11-081-1 and 080 woofers can not be shipped due to the packaging.

For gfederys:

4 Foster 8" large motor woofers

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
I've got a number of drivers left over that I don't particularly need and can't afford to store anymore. The list of drivers available is at the link below...

Jack,

First of all, I have to say - that driver list is humbling! Now that is a pretty good sized collection!

Secondly, I wanted to thank you for your kind spirit! I think that's awesome that you would hand these parts out to the DIY community. There's not a lot of free stuff and people being nice to each other I find these days, so thank you!

Jim

did you say bear is getting 40x woofers?!!! haha transmission line FTW! dont suppose if i can arrange it you could sent the ring terminals or a good bag of them to a friend of mine and he could forward them to me with the next package he sends my way? hes in Chicago

thanks

Jeremy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.