• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Consonance Billie 300b Monoblock Amplifiers $750

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm selling a pair of Consonance Billie 300b monoblock amplifiers originally purchased in 2002 as kits from diyhifisupply.com. There were many upgrades done including the Mu stage driver and nickel core grid chokes. It has been nearly 10 years, so I don't remember all the details on the build, but have tested the amps in my system this week and they play fine.

Since they are kit amps there are a few quirks...

First, the gridchokes don't fit in the case completely as they were designed by Thorsten Loesch for the Billies after the amps were in production. The bottom plate is seperated from the main chassis because the gridchokes are wedged in there.

Second, the screws that hold the transformer covers are MIA as is the manual. I will take a look around to see if they can be located..

Third, there are a few scratches here and there and the colored plastic washer on the ground terminal of one of the amps cracked, so the terminal is a little loose. I'm going to check the hardware store for a suitable replacement.

Fourth, they come with Valve Art 300b and 6SL7 tubes. I don't have any spare rectifiers to include in the sale. I only have Mullard GZ34s and they are not included.

The amps produce 8 to 9 watts of power and have the typical full bodied 300b sound. They are very punchy because of the Mu stage and grid chokes with strong dynamics. Instrument seperation is good as is imaging.

They ship in two boxes and I will calculate actual shipping charges for you if you are serious about purchasing the amps.

A link to Thorsten's review of the Billies is here:

DIY Hi-Fi Supply "Billie" 300B SE Amp. Kit by Thorsten Loesch

Pictures of the amps can be seen here:

Asylum Trader - Consonance Billie 300b Monoblock Amplifiers

There are quite a few threads on the Billies at audioasylum.com in the diyhifisupply forum as well as the Tubes, Tube DIY, and SET forums. Do a search, there's tons of info available for the amps :)

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.