• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: NHT 2.9 - Gloss Black - In Florida

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's an excellent pair of NHT 2.9's that I purchased back in August 2010. I am the second owner of these great speakers. They are in the same condition as when I received them. I also have the original boxes for them as well as the manuals, though the boxes are 50 miles away at my work, kept nice and dry in a climate controlled stockroom.

From the previous owner, there is one nick on the top left side of the right speaker. How this happened and what did it, I don't know. It's a very narrow gouge. Also, the PO replaced the foam strips along side the drivers and it looks like someone or something has picked them a little, as well as one little nick in the surround of the 6" mid-bass driver of the left speaker. Other than that, these speakers are in excellent condition. There's no rattles or anything. The grills have always been in place.

Ever since I saw these speakers when I was in my early 20's, I always wanted a pair of my own. Last year I finally got a pair! They sound great. I powered them with a vintage Technics SU-8099 (105 watts x 2) integrated amp for a short while until switching over to an Accuphase C-200 preamp and a very robust (23 watt x 2) tube amp. They are now connected to a mint Sansui G7000 receiver (90 watts x 2), though I don't use them in this system as they are crammed into the corners and don't sound good there. They have had nothing but music played through them while in my possession, either classical, jazz, blues or 80's pop and electronic.

I need to thin out the gear in our little apartment as it's very crowded and we could definitely use the extra cash. In fact, it's more about money than it is about space. I don't want to sell them but really have no choice. I'm going to be selling a bunch of other gear as well unfortunately.

Since I have the original boxes for these, I could ship them, but don't really want to. They are massive and heavy (around 100 lbs EACH packed) and would cost a fortune to ship. They would have to be put on a pallet and sent freight.

Local pick-up would be preferred and I can even meet you halfway for a small fee for gas as long as you're somewhere in Florida or south Georgia.

I would like to get $800 for these babies and would like payment via PayPal. I think that's a fair price for a pair of speakers of this caliber (originally $2500-2800 new). I saw a mint pair in gloss black go for $1200 a couple months back on either eBay or Audiogon, can't remember which, and he had two dark crappy pics uploaded. I'm willing to take $400 less for mine!

I'm posting these here before going to eBay, Audiogon or Craigslist which I have never even tried yet (CL that is).

p239146453-4.jpg

p623746648-4.jpg

p603940448-4.jpg

p173046018-4.jpg

p534985399-4.jpg

p371549652-4.jpg

p45647018-4.jpg

p56975539-4.jpg

nht 2.9

Here's an excellent pair of NHT 2.9's that I purchased back in August 2010. I am the second owner of these great speakers. They are in the same condition as when I received them. I also have the original boxes for them as well as the manuals, though the boxes are 50 miles away at my work, kept nice and dry in a climate controlled stockroom.

From the previous owner, there is one nick on the top left side of the right speaker. How this happened and what did it, I don't know. It's a very narrow gouge. Also, the PO replaced the foam strips along side the drivers and it looks like someone or something has picked them a little, as well as one little nick in the surround of the 6" mid-bass driver of the left speaker. Other than that, these speakers are in excellent condition. There's no rattles or anything. The grills have always been in place.

Ever since I saw these speakers when I was in my early 20's, I always wanted a pair of my own. Last year I finally got a pair! They sound great. I powered them with a vintage Technics SU-8099 (105 watts x 2) integrated amp for a short while until switching over to an Accuphase C-200 preamp and a very robust (23 watt x 2) tube amp. They are now connected to a mint Sansui G7000 receiver (90 watts x 2), though I don't use them in this system as they are crammed into the corners and don't sound good there. They have had nothing but music played through them while in my possession, either classical, jazz, blues or 80's pop and electronic.

I need to thin out the gear in our little apartment as it's very crowded and we could definitely use the extra cash. In fact, it's more about money than it is about space. I don't want to sell them but really have no choice. I'm going to be selling a bunch of other gear as well unfortunately.

Since I have the original boxes for these, I could ship them, but don't really want to. They are massive and heavy (around 100 lbs EACH packed) and would cost a fortune to ship. They would have to be put on a pallet and sent freight.

Local pick-up would be preferred and I can even meet you halfway for a small fee for gas as long as you're somewhere in Florida or south Georgia.

I would like to get $800 for these babies and would like payment via PayPal. I think that's a fair price for a pair of speakers of this caliber (originally $2500-2800 new). I saw a mint pair in gloss black go for $1200 a couple months back on either eBay or Audiogon, can't remember which, and he had two dark crappy pics uploaded. I'm willing to take $400 less for mine!

I'm posting these here before going to eBay, Audiogon or Craigslist which I have never even tried yet (CL that is).

p239146453-4.jpg

p623746648-4.jpg

p603940448-4.jpg

p173046018-4.jpg

p534985399-4.jpg

p371549652-4.jpg

p45647018-4.jpg

p56975539-4.jpg
Dear Chops
I'm from Italy
I'm very interested to your 2.9, even if I've to spend a lot of money to ship here: The important thing is the package (I can pay for it) if possible in a heavy or hard wood chest, and/or on a pallet.
If you have problem to sell in USA, pleae contact me.
Mauro
tic@resnova.net

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.