• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Adire Audio Kit281 speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For sale is my pair of Adire Audio Kit281 speakers. Unfortunately Adire has recently gone out of business, but the 281 speaker kit is still known for having great sound.

These could be built into a vented design (best bass), transmission line (good bass with smaller construction), or compact closed. I used to have them in the 4' tall vented enclosures but they were just too big and heavy for how frequently I move. Happily the smaller closed design that they're in now keeps almost all of the good bass response. If I remember correctly the frequency response in this style is as low as 30Hz thanks to the nice dual 8" woofers.

The foot imprints were a fun impulse of mine. They are only on one side of one speaker and should be easy enough to sand off and refinish in black if desired. Notice that from my frequent moving the finish isn't perfect anymore with a few scratches here and there. The original rubber butyl surrounds started to crack so I recently replaced them with new foam surround from Parts Express.

- Dimension: 22"x9"x14" (HxWxD)
- Weight: 45 lbs each
- gold plated connectors
- connector option for bi-amping
- sturdy 3/4" MDF construcition
- dual 8" woofers per enclosure for added bass
- 1lbs / cu. ft. polyfill stuffing

When doing some listening tests with the vented designs I reckoned they were comparable to the $1000 range of towers from Best Buy!

Initially I'll offer these for a very reasonable $300 with the buyer paying for shipping. I'm willing to do local pickup, demo'ing, and take best offers. If you're planning on making new enclosures I can pull the hardware out of the current ones to make shipping cheaper.

Hopefully I'll find these a good home. They have sentimental value :)

Attachments

• P1030815.resized.jpg
    P1030815.resized.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 342
  • P1030818.resized.jpg
    P1030818.resized.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 332
  • P1030820.resized.rotated.jpg
    P1030820.resized.rotated.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 328
  • P1030823.resized.jpg
    P1030823.resized.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 302
For anyone else that's curious about shipping, just go to ups.com and go by my specs above... plus a few extra inches/pounds for packing. My zip is 02474. Doing this for you with just 1 box, since I assume you'd only want the drivers, then it comes to roughly $40. Make sure to round up since going to a UPS store is a bit more expensive. So about $50 for shipping is what I would expect to 46368.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.