• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Free Horns

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of Bruce Edgar designed and made tractrix horns. They are his #5 from 1993, which means it's intended for 500Hz and up. I've measured them and they are actually 260Hz horns. They are in birch veneer plywood boxes that are in good shape. I used Dynaudio D54 drivers with them but they are not included. They have a 2" square throat. Local pickup only. I will not ship these anywhere. I can provide photos if anyone is seriously interested.

Here they are.

Attachments

• L1020166 - sm.JPG
    L1020166 - sm.JPG
    422.2 KB · Views: 455
  • L1020167 - sm.JPG
    L1020167 - sm.JPG
    364.1 KB · Views: 433
  • L1020168 - sm.JPG
    L1020168 - sm.JPG
    463.1 KB · Views: 422
  • L1020169 - sm.JPG
    L1020169 - sm.JPG
    482.2 KB · Views: 408
Probably shouldn't post the good Dr.'s phone number without his permission???

Oh, not intended to do that, but that's from 20 years ago!

I have decided that I am willing to ship these after all. The charge is about $67 via UPS ground EACH for across the country to California, not including the cost for the box and bubble wrap. I don't have an estimate for those items right now, sorry. The horns weigh about 40lbs each.

Local pickup only. I will not ship these anywhere. I can provide photos if anyone is seriously interested.

If these are still available,can you tell me what shipping to Liverpool, NY 13090 would be? If it's not really high, I'd like to take them. Thanks.

If he wanted to ship them, they would have been taken long ago- quite possibly by me!

OK, just so everyone knows, the upper frequency limit of the horn's response is a function of the driver that you choose to use with it, not the horn itself so much. Like any tractrix horn, it will start to beam at higher frequencies. I measured these horns and they are actually something like 280Hz or so as a lower cutoff, but being a tractrix the response doesn't go that low.

I mean I measured the mouth dimensions and the length and the throat size and put it all into Hornresp software and that's what it told me.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.