• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: DIY S&B TX-102 based preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built a preamp using Stevens and Billington TX-102 TVC transformers a while ago, and want to clear it out now. I have not really used it for a few years, although it is a good preamp.

I used two older sb tx102's (probaly mark I, but I can't swear to the version), installed in a wooden box. I think I used an electroswitch for the switch in it, but I could not swear to that. I did use a three section switch, and installed grounded copper tape in the middle section to provide better channel isolation.

Box doesn't have a top or bottom, just front and sides. I had the top at one point, but I never finished the top, and it dissappeared.

Front and sides are cherry, stained and lacquered. Back is a sheet of fiberglass, so it does flex.

One input and one output only.

The wires on the tx are kind of short, I used silver wire to extend the tx wires to reach the switch. There tx's were used as prototypes by Bent Audio when they were first designing TVC preamps.
But, from what I can tell, S&B doesn't sell just TX-102's anymore, so here's a chance to pick them up fairly cheap.

Will sell for $400 + shipping from LA, CA, USA.
If you just want the parts, I'll take it apart and just ship those, but at the same price.

Price is firm at this time

index.php

More pics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.