• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

1 Pair SCAN SPEAK D2905/9700 1" TEXTILE DOME TWEETER

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Specs can be found here:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?PartNumber=276-512&DID=7

This tweeters have been only mounted to a baffle for measurement purposes and therefore are technically as well cosmetically in as new condition.

The D2905/9700 often even is prefered to the more expensive Scan-Speak Revelator type dome tweeter as it does not have the "horn"-like extension of the face-plate.

The regular retail price for this pair at the moment is about Euro 360.
My asking price for this pair is Euro 220 + actual shipping cost

I ship worldwide.

Paypal accepted (with 4% surcharge to compensate my fees).

Attachments

• scan2905.jpg
    scan2905.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 566
Besides, I was always curious about those tweeters............

Also I can`t claim having heard everything, I can say that I`ve heard quite a lot and IMO this are one of the very best 1" dome tweeters in the world.
For a dome tweeter (if possible I usually go for ribbons - only my taste) they can sound very open with excellent resolution. OTOH they are not a bit "agressive".
Only some ribbons may have still somewhat higher resolution of finest details - while these at the same time maybe are not so "universal applicable" as dome tweeters or have other "disadvantages" as narrower dispersion (which sometimes can be preferable though) or not rarely have higher distortion.

I believe it was a very good choice and that You`ll be satiesfied with them.

I was using Raven ribbons in my main system, but since it's MTM and I didn't want to use more than 2nd order on a tweeter it didn't allow me to go much lower than 5K (so as not to damage the ribbon too often). I might use those in my MTM setup as they will definiely accept more abuse than Ravens and frequencies around 2K will be more easily acceptable.

Peter, I'm shocked that you bought them! I was going to post about how expensive Cocolino had priced them, seeing as you can purchsase them from Solen here in Canada for $320 CAD. But then I checked at Madisound and saw that they were a bit more there. So seems that we in Canada get a really good price on Scan Speak drivers.

Well, at least you didn't pay much more than what you could have gotten them from Solen.

Cheers,
RonS

originally posted by transducer
I was going to post about how expensive Cocolino had priced them, seeing as you can purchsase them from Solen here in Canada for $320 CAD.

Expensive priced?

Ron,

my asking price was based upon the regular retail price.
I searched the web for momentary retail prices. Here is a link to the official distributor for Germany:

http://www.aos-lautsprecher.de/

As You can see it`s Euro 179 per piece.

The second information I found was that from partsexpress (link in my first post). The price is almost identically but in US$.

Euro 220 is about 40% less than the retail price. Taken into account that these drivers are virtually as new, IMO the price is fair (they are leftover from a large lot purchase - they have been only unpacked and tested before they went to be stored again - initially I intended to keep them for my own use but as I did not use them since now decided to sell them) .

Also please bear in mind that it`s not my fault that the Euro is comparatively strong to US$ at the moment - actually for me that`s bad for selling abroads.

Moreover, of course I can`t know about if somewhere in the world is a special offer opportunity of what I`m selling.
If it`s true that a pair goes for C$320 in Canada naturally it would have been better to by them there.
Though I`d be willing to refund Peters money if he can and want to buy them there but as he did pay in US$ via Paypal already I fear regarding the fees and the currency exchange rate I`d actually loose quite some money in this case.

transducer said:
This is dealer pricing, which is fairly easy to get (just tell them you have a company, which I do).

If it wasn't for that thread, I wouldn't know you were a dealer;)

So what is the price of 5"AT driver to a dealer?

I paid USD220 to Christoph, so it is still fine by me, especially when shipping is cheap and GST doesn't apply. It adds up to about the same price I would pay to Solen.

Also, the good part about all that is that when seeing an opportunity to buy something from an add, one usually acts on an impulse, being driven by an idea of a lower price. If I knew that I can order those drivers directly from Solen at any time (and with lower price that is), I would have probably never bought them, endlessly postponing my decision to make a purchase;)

Cocolino, what I said was that it was expensive in comparison to Canadian pricing. Since Peter is in Canada...

Peter, I also impulse buy and quickly! In fact, that's why I know about Cocolino's ad, I almost offered to buy them, but then I checked my price list.

What is the part number for that 5" driver? I can check for you. 4H521306, a 16cm driver is $398.94 CAD each if that helps. I think only the Scan Speak (and vifa?) drivers are cheaper in Canada.

Cheers,
RonS

originally posted by transducer
This is dealer pricing, which is fairly easy to get (just tell them you have a company, which I do).

Ron,

well it`s not that easy - at least not here. Mostly those companies want to see at least some sort of official company registration (for a somehow related business to the things You want buy) before they sell you something (and sometimes they indeed examine what You`ve submitted). Just to tell them You have company (when one don`t have it actually ) will not work in most cases.
And considering all the hassle with the tax office/records keeping/ tax declaration etc., IMO it`s not worth for buying for better prices only once in a while (been there - done that...).

Cocolino, what I said was that it was expensive in comparison to Canadian pricing. Since Peter is in Canada...
You compared to the dealers purchase prices You get - not really a valid basis for a comparison in this case - the Canadian pricing has not much to do with this as the "official" retail price seems to be more or less the same everywhere (C$244/ piece as Peter says equals Euro 360/ pair quite exactly me thinks).
And BTW - as You compared to the dealers purchase price - do You sell for the same price You pay? - if so, You`d better take care not to discuss this in public too loudly;) - those companies don`t like this very much (what`s understandable from their point of view) and it might be the last time that they sell to You when they suspect this (and who knows who is reading this....).

Peter, the 5H521506 is $451.76 CAD. From my understanding, Solen has 3 price lists. CAD DIY, which is overpriced compared to everyone else, CAD dealer price (you don't have to be a dealer, or even in the industry) and supposedly a US price list, but I've never seen that. There is also better pricing if you buy entire carton of single driver, which in the case of very expensive drivers like Seas Millenium tweeter is only 2 drivers.

Cocolino, I didn't have to prove anything, nor is there a minimum quantity to purchase. Solen has a habit of overcharging the DIY market in comparison to Madisound in the US. Basically dealer price is the same as Madisounds retail price.

I am not a dealer, nor do I sell to anyone (nor do I wish to sell to anyone).

RonS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.