1 Pair SCAN SPEAK D2905/9700 1" TEXTILE DOME TWEETER - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th September 2003, 01:48 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Quote:
Originally posted by transducer
This is dealer pricing, which is fairly easy to get (just tell them you have a company, which I do).

If it wasn't for that thread, I wouldn't know you were a dealer

So what is the price of 5"AT driver to a dealer?

I paid USD220 to Christoph, so it is still fine by me, especially when shipping is cheap and GST doesn't apply. It adds up to about the same price I would pay to Solen.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 14th September 2003, 01:57 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Also, the good part about all that is that when seeing an opportunity to buy something from an add, one usually acts on an impulse, being driven by an idea of a lower price. If I knew that I can order those drivers directly from Solen at any time (and with lower price that is), I would have probably never bought them, endlessly postponing my decision to make a purchase
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 14th September 2003, 02:36 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Cocolino, what I said was that it was expensive in comparison to Canadian pricing. Since Peter is in Canada...

Peter, I also impulse buy and quickly! In fact, that's why I know about Cocolino's ad, I almost offered to buy them, but then I checked my price list.

What is the part number for that 5" driver? I can check for you. 4H521306, a 16cm driver is $398.94 CAD each if that helps. I think only the Scan Speak (and vifa?) drivers are cheaper in Canada.

Cheers,
RonS
Old 14th September 2003, 02:51 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Well, I didn't even know that Solen has dealer program.

The AT driver I'm looking for is 5H521506. I got two of them from Europe, built a simple 2 way system with them and must admit that this is the most accurate system I had so far.
Old 14th September 2003, 03:24 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
originally posted by transducer
This is dealer pricing, which is fairly easy to get (just tell them you have a company, which I do).
Ron,

well it`s not that easy - at least not here. Mostly those companies want to see at least some sort of official company registration (for a somehow related business to the things You want buy) before they sell you something (and sometimes they indeed examine what You`ve submitted). Just to tell them You have company (when one don`t have it actually ) will not work in most cases.
And considering all the hassle with the tax office/records keeping/ tax declaration etc., IMO it`s not worth for buying for better prices only once in a while (been there - done that...).

Quote:
Cocolino, what I said was that it was expensive in comparison to Canadian pricing. Since Peter is in Canada...
You compared to the dealers purchase prices You get - not really a valid basis for a comparison in this case - the Canadian pricing has not much to do with this as the "official" retail price seems to be more or less the same everywhere (C$244/ piece as Peter says equals Euro 360/ pair quite exactly me thinks).
And BTW - as You compared to the dealers purchase price - do You sell for the same price You pay? - if so, You`d better take care not to discuss this in public too loudly - those companies don`t like this very much (what`s understandable from their point of view) and it might be the last time that they sell to You when they suspect this (and who knows who is reading this....).
Old 14th September 2003, 07:56 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Peter, the 5H521506 is $451.76 CAD. From my understanding, Solen has 3 price lists. CAD DIY, which is overpriced compared to everyone else, CAD dealer price (you don't have to be a dealer, or even in the industry) and supposedly a US price list, but I've never seen that. There is also better pricing if you buy entire carton of single driver, which in the case of very expensive drivers like Seas Millenium tweeter is only 2 drivers.

Cocolino, I didn't have to prove anything, nor is there a minimum quantity to purchase. Solen has a habit of overcharging the DIY market in comparison to Madisound in the US. Basically dealer price is the same as Madisounds retail price.

I am not a dealer, nor do I sell to anyone (nor do I wish to sell to anyone).

RonS
Old 14th September 2003, 10:51 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Default Raven?

Hi Peter,

Do you have the Raven R2 or an otherone? And If you'r not going to use them in your MTM setup, what are you going to do with them?

Please hit my e-mail icon beneath my post if you want to get rid of them.

Audiofanatic
Old 15th September 2003, 12:19 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

R2s are mounted permanently into a basement wall with PHL1230 in infinite baffle arrangement. The small monitors in front are way better so far than in wall speakers (I didn't do proper crossover yet).

I also have R1s, but still don't know what I'll do about them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rav.jpg (57.6 KB, 209 views)
Old 15th September 2003, 04:05 AM   #19
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Very nice work peter. I like your setup..

No subwoofer ?

Hide this!Advertise here!