• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bay Area: Raw drivers, grills, ports, spikes, caps, etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, you experimenters! Come get some fun toys to play with! (And you anal retentive types, at these prices, you can afford to be careless!)

Tons of raw drivers, Seas, Peerless, Tonegen, a few production drivers from AR, a bunch from NHT. Most are twosy-threesy sample quantities, some in box quantities. 15", 12", 10" 8", 6", 5.25", 4" woofers and mid-woofers, a few mid-domes and cone mids, 1" and 3/4" dome tweeters. Most of the woofers have rubber surrounds and poly or paper cones. Some cast frames, some stamped steel, some speakers are shielded, some not.

Woofers: "no name samples" @$1/inch, "name brands/multiples" @$2/inch

Tweeters: "no name samples" @$2ea, "name brand/multiples" @$5ea

Black speaker grills, 16"x16" if memory serves. $5/pair

Stainless steel speaker-spikes (similar to Tiptoes) 1" diameter with 1/4-20 male threads: $5/set of 4

Flaired woofer ports and matching port tubes. Don't recall the dimensions, maybe 3 or 4" diameter, ports can be cut to length or stacked if you need something longer. $2/pr

High quality speaker switcher kits for AB or ABX testing. Fully stuffed and tested board with all switches, connectors, cables, and power supplies. $10

Bags of polyfil, $5/bag

Very cool vintage General Radio capacitor bridge in "suitcase" (worked last time!) $50

Misc. other "junque" that I can find (priced randomly)

Bring an big car or truck and a little bit of cash, and have some FUN!

Sorry, no time for shipping, cash and carry, pickup only. I'm available most weekends in Richmond, CA.

Contact me at ron_horowitz@yahoo.com to arrange a time if you'd like to stop by and SHOP!

Hi Noah,

Thanks for the freebie offer, and good to know all the good DIY angels nearby :)

I should have be more specific. I was given (actually sold at virtually give away prices)
some full range drivers (8" Fostex and 5.25" FR125), and I am look for something (not
necessary free, will pay) that I can mount them and listen.

I have a few cabinets for 12" subs. These were made for the 12" AR cast frame/poly-cone/rubber-surround woofers. These had the same frame as the NHT 1259, so that would fit. As memory serves, the cabinets were 3/4" MDF with gloss-black melamine high-pressure laminate. The back is cut out for a 100w class AB plate amp, which I can supply. These had port tube cut outs for the port tubes mentioned above, though those could be blanked off. An interesting feature was the ability to place the sub on one of its edges using a steel plate. I'm sure I still have thumbscrews, though I don't know what's become of the plates. May have scrapped those out already.

I haven't had too much interest yet. If there are no takers soon, I'll be listing on Craigslist, and maybe putting some of the more valuable things up on fleabay. If you've got any friends in the area, have them stop by and take a look for you!

Ron

Cabinets

More stuff:

16" x 16" x 16.5" sub cabinets, 3/4" MDF with black high-pressure melamine laminate, cut out for AR cast-frame 12" woofer (same frame as NHT 1259) cut out for 100w class AB plate amp and port tubes. $25ea

100w class AB plate amps $25 ea

12" AR cast frame woofers $25 ea

Going in the trash

Several boxes of 6.5" speakers, mostly Tonegen. No cast frames, but many shielded, poly-cones, and rubber surrounds. FREE. You pick up in Richmond, CA. These are going into the trash if there are no takers. I've dumped a full car-load already. The speakers in the photo are maybe 3 or 4% of what I'm getting rid of. One way or the other, by new years, all will be gone.

Attachments

• Into the garbage.jpg
    Into the garbage.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 300
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Have you thought about a Craigslist ad for 'free stuff'? Perhaps that will save you some work and also put some of your goodies to good use. Also it's a very busy time of year to be collecting audio goodies, free or not, so perhaps you would get better response after New Year?

All good thoughts, but...

...the stuff needs to go.

I work in Santa Clara during the week, and can deliver. Let me know before noon Monday, and I'll bring the stuff down.

Meanwhile, I may have found a buyer for the cast-frame 15's, and I have a friend who says he can sell the more valuable items for me on fleabay.

NHT 3.3 parts

I'm pretty sure I do. I probably have a box or two of 3.3 upper midranges, maybe a box of tweeters, probably a few 6.5" lower mids (unless these got purged already) and maybe an extra 1259 or two. I'd have to check to see what I have, as I'd want to keep a couple of extras for my own pair.

I also have the original NHT engineering reference pair of 3.3's. For the right price, I suppose it's time to let those go, too (expensive.)

Hadn't really thought too much about selling the 3.3 stuff. Make me an offer.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Ron,

If I offered you the kind of money Mr Hidley was asking on his NHT surplus driver sale would that be too low? I just had a look and he was selling the lower midrange speakers for $10 and the SEAS mid for $15. Woofers similar to the one used in the 3.3 were $30. Obviously I'll cover shipping etc. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Trevor

Looking to do a line of 12" drivers for my dipole line array's what do you have in the 12" arena that will work well in a small sealed box that get fairly low (30s) and is fairly efficient? As I'm in Canada shipping may be problematic as I'd like a dozen (six per side). PM me if you prefer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.