Bay Area: Raw drivers, grills, ports, spikes, caps, etc. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd December 2011, 05:42 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Bay Area: Raw drivers, grills, ports, spikes, caps, etc.

OK, you experimenters! Come get some fun toys to play with! (And you anal retentive types, at these prices, you can afford to be careless!)

Tons of raw drivers, Seas, Peerless, Tonegen, a few production drivers from AR, a bunch from NHT. Most are twosy-threesy sample quantities, some in box quantities. 15", 12", 10" 8", 6", 5.25", 4" woofers and mid-woofers, a few mid-domes and cone mids, 1" and 3/4" dome tweeters. Most of the woofers have rubber surrounds and poly or paper cones. Some cast frames, some stamped steel, some speakers are shielded, some not.

Woofers: "no name samples" @$1/inch, "name brands/multiples" @$2/inch

Tweeters: "no name samples" @$2ea, "name brand/multiples" @$5ea

Black speaker grills, 16"x16" if memory serves. $5/pair

Stainless steel speaker-spikes (similar to Tiptoes) 1" diameter with 1/4-20 male threads: $5/set of 4

Flaired woofer ports and matching port tubes. Don't recall the dimensions, maybe 3 or 4" diameter, ports can be cut to length or stacked if you need something longer. $2/pr

High quality speaker switcher kits for AB or ABX testing. Fully stuffed and tested board with all switches, connectors, cables, and power supplies. $10

Bags of polyfil, $5/bag

Very cool vintage General Radio capacitor bridge in "suitcase" (worked last time!) $50

Misc. other "junque" that I can find (priced randomly)

Bring an big car or truck and a little bit of cash, and have some FUN!

Sorry, no time for shipping, cash and carry, pickup only. I'm available most weekends in Richmond, CA.

Contact me at ron_horowitz@yahoo.com to arrange a time if you'd like to stop by and SHOP!
Old 3rd December 2011, 06:53 PM   #2
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

man what a tease =(

its going to be a riot at your shop!!
Old 3rd December 2011, 07:03 PM   #3
pchw is offline pchw  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Ron,

Do you happen to have some "junk/experimental" cabinets, too? I have no truck but a minivan which probably can carry enough to empty my wallet ......

Thanks!
Old 5th December 2011, 06:32 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Fred,

I have an empty box from an Infinity 12" sub that's yours for the taking.

It's black finish/black grille, 16 1/2" cube, with a cavity in the back for a plate amp.

I'm in Mountain View.
Old 5th December 2011, 09:13 PM   #5
pchw is offline pchw  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Noah,

Thanks for the freebie offer, and good to know all the good DIY angels nearby :-)

I should have be more specific. I was given (actually sold at virtually give away prices)
some full range drivers (8" Fostex and 5.25" FR125), and I am look for something (not
necessary free, will pay) that I can mount them and listen.
Old 5th December 2011, 09:23 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

I see, good luck
Old 6th December 2011, 08:26 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I have a few cabinets for 12" subs. These were made for the 12" AR cast frame/poly-cone/rubber-surround woofers. These had the same frame as the NHT 1259, so that would fit. As memory serves, the cabinets were 3/4" MDF with gloss-black melamine high-pressure laminate. The back is cut out for a 100w class AB plate amp, which I can supply. These had port tube cut outs for the port tubes mentioned above, though those could be blanked off. An interesting feature was the ability to place the sub on one of its edges using a steel plate. I'm sure I still have thumbscrews, though I don't know what's become of the plates. May have scrapped those out already.

I haven't had too much interest yet. If there are no takers soon, I'll be listing on Craigslist, and maybe putting some of the more valuable things up on fleabay. If you've got any friends in the area, have them stop by and take a look for you!

Ron
Old 6th December 2011, 08:31 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default Cabinets

More stuff:

16" x 16" x 16.5" sub cabinets, 3/4" MDF with black high-pressure melamine laminate, cut out for AR cast-frame 12" woofer (same frame as NHT 1259) cut out for 100w class AB plate amp and port tubes. $25ea

100w class AB plate amps $25 ea

12" AR cast frame woofers $25 ea
Old 10th December 2011, 02:58 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default Going in the trash

Several boxes of 6.5" speakers, mostly Tonegen. No cast frames, but many shielded, poly-cones, and rubber surrounds. FREE. You pick up in Richmond, CA. These are going into the trash if there are no takers. I've dumped a full car-load already. The speakers in the photo are maybe 3 or 4% of what I'm getting rid of. One way or the other, by new years, all will be gone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Into the garbage.jpg (515.7 KB, 282 views)
Old 11th December 2011, 11:45 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Have you thought about a Craigslist ad for 'free stuff'? Perhaps that will save you some work and also put some of your goodies to good use. Also it's a very busy time of year to be collecting audio goodies, free or not, so perhaps you would get better response after New Year?

Hide this!Advertise here!