• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Soundcraftsmen PM-860

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FS: Soundcrafstmen PM-860 power amp! these are my favorite lil guy amps! 205 watts per channel@8ohms,
300@4,
450@2

chock full of Hitachi 2SK135/2SJ50 Mosfets 6 each I believe (some models had 4)

this amp is a bit dirty from being in a studio rack but it works. a prime candidate for upgrades and mods! Audio magazine rated these higher than the Adcom 555 at the time!

$125 Shipped within the USA

Last edited:
Yeah, the 860 had 6 / channel, the 800 had 4 and two empty spots / channel. That's a good price if it looks good, some have been 'on the road' and show it. My favorite shoebox...

That's probably me advertising to buy but I'm looking for the big brothers, the 900x2 or PM1800 which are twice the PM-860 (24 output transistors) and have balanced inputs. Or a PCR1600 without the balanced inputs.

I'm really curious about the possibility of improving the air flow and shifting the bias for more class-A operation. But this is your thread...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.