Some web hosting space - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th September 2003, 01:38 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Some web hosting space

Mods: This is not a commercial post, but will pull it at your discretion.

I own my own web server and have it co-located at a local data center. I run it for my wife's educational web site, and host my church and a few friends web sites. It has gobs of space and bandwidth available, and sits un-used %60 of the time. Of course I pay for this server, and get pleasure out of doing the web hosting for friends.

If any one is interested is some cheap web space for hosting DIY projects, I'd be willing to set it up for them. I recently installed a "community hosting" portal system, which is a multi user content management system. This allows you to have picture galleries, links, content, discussion boards, etc. all dynamically without having to know HTML or any scripting language, etc. If you want a regular hosting account, I'll set up an FTP site for you to do your own thing.

The server is Windows 2000 Advanced server running IIS and MailEnable mail server. It has 37Gb of free storage space, and is a AMD 1800XP pro with 512 MB ram.

If you are interested, let me know. I can set up a site and host it for $5 a month. I'll give you 50 mb of storage and an email account, and all the bandwidth you can use. Paypal is how I've set up recurring billing in the past, and it works pretty well.

No commercial sites, but you can certainly sell from your personal site.

Nik

Hide this!Advertise here!