• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TAS and Fi Magazines

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

I have a collection of dated The Absolute Sound and Fi magazines that are semi-free for the taking: no charge for the magazines themselves but the cost of shipping, unless you want to stop by and pick them up yourself, is yours to bear. I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia, PA (19096).

TAS: Issues 43 (Sept '86) to 104 (sometime in '95)
Fi: Vol 1 Issue 1 (Jan '96) to Vol 3 Issue 5 (May '98)

The magazines are all in good to excellent condition and yes, you can take one and not the other.

This offer will expire in a week or two, unless I find the motivation to head to the township dump in the meantime.

Peace and love, peace and love,
Scott

Hi,

I'd love these but I suspect the postage to the UK would be a bit daft.... What do you think? Wonder if it would be worth me contacting one of those forward shippers (thinking to myself).

I really enjoy reading TAS and recently bought 10 or so copies but difficult to find in the UK. Invaluable source of info on rare gear..

How many issues are there and err, how much do they weigh? Probably about 200lbs...

- Nat

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Nat:

The Fi magazines weigh a total of 24 pounds; a carton and some lightweight packing materials (probably bags of air) would raise the weight by a couple of pounds. I never bought a subscription to the magazine; it just started coming. The Fi subscription renewal forms were thrown out as they arrived and still that magazine continued to arrive. I found Fi to generally be underwhelming (so why did I keep them?). Unless you're one of the Royals or a Murdoch, I'd suggest you let this one decompose at the dump.

The TAS magazines (really, bound booklets) weigh a total of 45 pounds; again, shipping materials will increase that weight slightly. I found The Absolute Sound to be a compelling read during the period covered by my collection; as pompous and over-wrought as Harry Pearson was (and still is), the writing in these magazines is generally quite good and they are interesting historical artifacts. I no longer read them (or current issues of TAS) and could use the bookshelf space for more relevant stuff. Given the fact that my collection ends with issues published in 1995, the equipment reviews are dated. If you're really on the fence, I can send you a few so you can have a taste. You would still be on the hook for postage.

Gotten over your initial impulse to save this invaluable collection yet?

Regards,
Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.