FS: Hypex UcD400HG w/ HxR modules + PSU - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th November 2011, 05:08 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default FS: Hypex UcD400HG w/ HxR modules + PSU

For sale are the following purchased in May 2010 and lightly, consistently used ($533+shipping):

1x Hypex SMPS400A400 (v12)
2x Hypex UcD400HG with HxR (v11)

[image]http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attac...1&d=1321680105[/image]
[image]http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attac...1&d=1321680105[/image]

Chassis details:
It needs a few venting holes drilled in the top/bottom which is why the photos are taken without the cover on. It also has a rough, bare metal edge on the right end of the heatsink where it was cut. The gold binding posts from Hypex are not shown but will be reinstalled before shipment (borrowed for another project). There's currently no heatsink compound used but I can add that before shipment if you request.

Wiring details:
The modules have been wired with the negative differential signal input connected to RCA ground. This negates the benefit of the differential input but allows for interface with typical commercial audio equipment. I've used star-grounding on the signal ground which is independent of chassis ground. There is absolutely no 60Hz hum. No power switch is installed as is becoming more common in Class D amps. I could install one if requested.

If you were to buy everything new, taxed, and shipped to the US it would easily clear $800 USD. And I can vouch that for the money this amplifier does sound beautiful, have clear imaging, is powerful, and efficient. This is a great amp and I'd love to keep it. The reason I'm selling is that I need some cash for new projects!

So......... you're wondering how much? Considering the great condition, I'm willing to charge ~2/3 of retail cost and throw in the chassis/heatsink/build for free. So that's $533+shipping. I could probably haggle for a bit more but am going for a friendly, quick sale with everything as is.

Payment with Paypal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1030746.resized.JPG (403.3 KB, 267 views)
File Type: jpg P1030748.resized.JPG (370.9 KB, 247 views)
Old 20th November 2011, 04:44 AM   #2
_henry_ is offline _henry_  Australia
diyAudio Member

hi jched,

i've sent pm yesterday. im interested to buy. my paypal add is philippines, but u can ship to a forwarding company in LA.

cheers
henry
Old 21st November 2011, 02:05 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thank you for all of the interest everyone. I've sold to bobsherman who managed to contact me within hours of my post. Clearly I should have asked for more!

Here's an image of the finished product with the changes I promised him.

[image]http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attac...1&d=1321844473[/image]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1030766.resized.JPG (341.5 KB, 144 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!