• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Forty year accumulation of parts and gear has to go

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did product design at the following companies, in the greater Seattle area:
The original Greg Mackie Tapco, Symetrix, AudioControl, Carver, Mackie, others that have come and gone(who remembers SpectroAcoustics?).
(Ahh, the BOB and GREG stories I can tell……lol..)
Semis and passives, transducers, test equipment, protos, mixers, amps, unique samples from all sorts of manufacturers, pots, switches, cables/assys ,enclosures, factory service manuals… all kinds, and weird stuff from the medical electronics I designed. I was/am totally analog.
Eminence, B&C, PHL , RCF, TOA, Beyma, Audax
SMK, Forward(ALPS Taiwan), Piher, lots of odd asian opamps, audio ICs
(I’m keeping the silver plated ceramic Raytheon RC4136 with the ’72 datecode, US fabbed, not NJR)
It’s all going to be piled on some 4x8 sheets of plywood, for you to rummage thru. Cheep.
Also, about 5 kilos of N38 Neo bar magnets for planar/ribbon mid/tweets.
I’m available at 408 929 2763(or lv msg), East Foothills of San Jose, CA.
Steve

Last edited:
Firechief,

I have posted some pics from '76, by Bob Gudgel
http://bob.gudgel.org/ for more.
This was at 405 Howell Way in Edmonds, after Phase Linear had moved out, before the Redmond factory.
Greg was an innocent looking young lad.
What a buncha freeks!
In the pic of Greg and myself, I was probably saying "... no Greg , you can't design a sweep EQ with only one opamp..... "
Me at the bench.....no wonder people avoided me...yikes!
The three amigos - me, Marty Frasu, Russ Ringer.
Marty hit the big time(relatively speaking) in LA doing sound design for cinema.
You might remember the large tank of nitrous Russ had in his van at the company picnic at Lake Sammamish...someone would step in the van, two minutes later the door would fly open, with the same victim doing a perfect face plant on the ground....duh wha happin?...hey Russ what happened to your nitrous....uh, I feel asleep with the hose in my mouth...I was (quote) surfing the Methane Oceans of Jupiter.....
How bout the Hotel Le Sabre (Buick?) where Alan the bass player (and others) lived during summer, in the parking lot.....don't need no stinkin' apartment...

We EARNED the nickname "rainforest rowdies"

Big thanks to Ron Koliha, without him MACKIE would have been just... mackie

Attachments

• greg2.jpg
    greg2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 191
  • russssmf.JPG
    russssmf.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 199
  • satra1.JPG
    satra1.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 198
  • gregsatra.JPG
    gregsatra.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 194
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.