WTS: Brand new Buffalo 3 Sabre kit + Paul Hynes Regulators - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th November 2011, 02:05 AM   #1
wasabi7 is offline wasabi7  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Default WTS: Brand new Buffalo 3 Sabre kit + Paul Hynes Regulators

Hello everyone,

Due to family commitments, i am forced to give up this project. I'm located in Singapore, will ship worldwide. Only paypal payment accepted, must be verified member and shipping address must be the same as paypal address. Listed prices are firm and don't include shipping.

The kit comes with everything you need except enclosure, transformers and a + - 18V power supply for the Legato 3. Package includes the following:

1) Buffalo 3 base module DAC with AVCC Dual Shunt Regulator Module and Digital volume control kit (volumite) (USD 299)
Click the image to open in full size.

2) Semi-populated Legato 3 v3.1 I/V stage with output buffer (USD 90. Discounted price since it's semi populated)

3) 4-Channel S/PDIF Input and Switch Module Kit (USD55)
4) TOSLINK Optical Input Module Kit (USD15)

My total price for items 1->4: USD459. You get a brand new, unassembled buffalo 3 dac, don't have to camp with other people spamming the Add to Cart button during the stampede dates, don't have to wait a further 3 weeks for shipping. Will not split up items 1->4; they must be sold as a bundle, unless other people want to take the remaining parts.

5) Paul Hynes's high performance buffalo DAC regulator kit (3 years' transferrable warranty) including -
2 off Z1703v3 shunt regulator for replacing LT1763-3v3 on DVCC
2 off Z1703v3 shunt regulator for replacing TPs shunt reg on AVCC
1 off S1701v2 ultra low noise series regulator for VDD
1 PR3-5v5 medium power shunt regulator module for VD

More info here:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=77455.0
Home Page

"Specifications :- Error amplifiers in regulators above 12 volts have a slew rate over 2,000 volts per microsecond and a minimum bandwidth of 150 MHz. Error amplifiers in shunt regulators up to 12 volts have a slew rate of 5,000 volts per microsecond and a bandwidth of 1 GHz. Settling time in all error amplifiers is < 10 nanoseconds and wideband noise spec 2 nanovolts root HZ. Typical output impedance from DC to 200 KHz for the Shunt regulator is less than 0.001 ohm and the series regulator is less than 0.005 ohm."

For the hynes regs, I paid 209, shipping included.
Your price for the hynes regulators: 192 = USD 308. Regulators are brand new and in pristine condition.

If you demand the highest performance from your buffalo dac, you need the Hynes. To be clear, this kit is a direct replacement for the tridents, AVCC and placid (powering the buffalo), so you don't need them.

There is a 2-3 month waiting time for all his regulators because they are all custom built-to-order and tested solely by Paul. So skip the waiting time and enjoy them now.

Total bundle price for items 1->5: USD767. Price is firm, no lowballers. PM me to deal. Cheers
Old 12th November 2011, 06:46 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hi Wasabi7

You've got PM
I'm in for the 4-Channel S/PDIF Input and Switch Module Kit.
Waiting for your Paypal request.
Cheers
Old 12th November 2011, 08:19 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi,
I am interested in item 2 Legato if you willing to sell separate.
PM me you paypal id, and I will do the transfer.
I am from KL, Malaysia.
Thanks.

-coolhead
Old 13th November 2011, 11:10 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thank you everyone for all the interest. A lot of PMs, nothing confirmed yet. Will head down to the post office to get a shipping quote since that seems to be the question asked most often.
Old 13th November 2011, 02:58 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi7 View Post
Thank you everyone for all the interest. A lot of PMs, nothing confirmed yet. Will head down to the post office to get a shipping quote since that seems to be the question asked most often.
hi bro, the SingPost website will provide the shipping cost to most countries.
Old 13th November 2011, 03:39 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

SingPost - Home
Old 13th November 2011, 04:18 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by commstech View Post
hi bro, the SingPost website will provide the shipping cost to most countries.
Yea i already used the estimated cost calculator but it's seldom accurate especially when it comes to overseas shipping, when the weight of items and volumetric weight can vary a bit.

So it's better if i get an exact shipping quote, that way it's fair to the buyers
Old 13th November 2011, 05:24 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi7 View Post
Yea i already used the estimated cost calculator but it's seldom accurate especially when it comes to overseas shipping, when the weight of items and volumetric weight can vary a bit.

So it's better if i get an exact shipping quote, that way it's fair to the buyers
not true. try to key in a couple hundred grams of differences and u see the price. the variations is quite negligible. i have been shipping internationally for my items from singapore and the online calculator is very accurate. our post office is not that screwed up yet. else u wil find yourself making several trips to post office due to variances in the enquiries for nothing. your choice of course.

Last edited by commstech; 13th November 2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 14th November 2011, 01:35 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Thing is, i don't have a weighing scale at home so i have no idea how heavy the items weigh (one of the regulators is quite heavy because of the copper heatsink). Thank you for your input
Old 14th November 2011, 02:28 AM   #10
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

you will find the size will matter more than the weight unless its crazy heavy for its size

Hide this!Advertise here!